my supercard lite is busted

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sudeki300, Aug 12, 2006.

Aug 12, 2006

my supercard lite is busted by sudeki300 at 5:08 PM (1,758 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. sudeki300
    OP

Member sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i removed the micro sd card rom the supercard lite to put some files on there. when i inserted the sd card back into the supercard lite it says"sd not found turn off gba".so next i reformatted the sd card and still the same,i'm using all the latest firmware and software for the supercard lite.when i power the ds and hold the l+r buttons and it runs the test screen when it gets to the sd/mmc test bit it says "error code :0b " does this mean anything to anyone nd is there a site where you can find out what the code means.thanks .............sudeki300

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Try blowing out (*ahem*) the micro SD slot in case there's any dust in there. Also try and look into it to ensure that no pins are bent.
    And also try wiping the contacts of the micro SD card with something and try re-inserting it a few times.

Worst case scenario is the ribbon cable that attaches the 2 PCB's inside the SuperCard Lite together has broken. Have you opened up your SC Lite at all? (I REALLY don't recommend anyone do that). The ribbon cable is very very easily snapped. Mine was broken on delivery and broke even more when I opened it up!

3. sudeki300
    OP

United Kingdom
    no i have not taken my supercard lite apart i'm not very good with that kind of thing so i steer clear i will try to blow the slot incase there is any dust inside.i have all ready contacted the site from where i got this from and they have promised a replacement and says it sounds like a faulty card.but i'm just so gutted with my supercard mini sd i had no problem's with the slot for the card now with the supercard lite this is the first time that i have removed the micro card and this happens.it just seems a bit to fragile to me.i reckon there are going to be alot of these`problems in weeks to come......sudeki300

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you have to open it and press the pins down on the microsd slot, but you can easily break something, so best thing is send it back [​IMG]

5. sudeki300
    OP

United Kingdom
    it's all good i just gave the slot a real hard blow ( not that sort of blow) and then inserted the micro sd and it worked first time.now i have all them games to enjoy on my new supercard lite.thanks guys .....sudeki300

6. CpuMan2001

Newcomer CpuMan2001 Newbie

United States
    I just got my supercard lite, and I have the same problem. I opened my supercard, and it seems like the ribbon is in good condition. My computer can read the microsd card fine, though for some reason the supercard gives me the "not find the SD Please turn off GBA" message.

7. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    format it in FAT.. windows dsefaults to fat32

8. CpuMan2001

Newcomer CpuMan2001 Newbie

United States
    It's in FAT, still not going.

9. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The pins on the PCB aren't touching the microSD card. I suggest returning the unti back to the store you bought it from. Other wise you can fix it yourself but I only suggest doing it as a last resort as you run the risk of damaging the unit.

How to fix the "microSD not found" error:

1. Remove the 2 screws of your SuperCard Lite.

2. Slide it open and take off the cover slowly.

3. Take out the PCB's but be careful not to pull the them apart too fast as they are connected by a small transfer ribbon.

4. Put your microSD card back into the microSD slot, you will see some gold pins that are making contact with the microSD card.

5. Now put a lite amount of pressure on the gold points with your nails; first try with the microSD card inside the slot, if you still get the error then do it without microSD card inside the slot. You will notice that you need to try harder to get the microSD card to click into place afterwards but thats normal.

6. Close up your SuperCard Lite and the problem should be gone!

7. Sometimes this can be avoided by just cleaning the gold contacts at the bottom of the microSD, but sometimes you also need to bend the pins inside to make better contact.

Let me know what happens,

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

10. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    same thing happened to me and well let me just say sometimes you have to format it more than once

11. cramp

Newcomer cramp Member

Have you tried a different SD/Mini SD card...... i was having these issues and it turned out to be 2 things,
    1. a high speed SD card been programmed with a USB 1.1 card reader, resulting in Load errors and SD card not been recognised,
    2. 1 out of 3 new SD cards been faulty

cramp

12. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I would also recommend trying another micro SD card just incase. Loads of people do it but your not meant to blow in the card slot as its supposed to damage it even more. Always worked with my N64 though and never did it any harm.