My Supercard keeps rebooting my DS!

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by drfsupercenter, Jun 1, 2009.

Jun 1, 2009
  1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Hi,

So, I just got a DS Lite (a replacement for my classic DS that broke), so I bought a Supercard Lite to go along with it. No, I'm not *that* out of date, I also have a SC DS-One-i, but I like having a slot 2 flash card in there as well so I can play GBA games.

Well, it seems to be doing what my Mini SD Supercard did. If I'm playing any slot 1 game (whether from my slot 1 Supercard or a real cartridge), and I insert the Supercard, it reboots my DS. Does anyone know WHY? It seems the older Supercards never did that - my friend has one, and his doesn't... etc. But newer ones do, and I'm not sure if it's a firmware thing, or a bug, or something Team Supercard just felt like injecting into all their new cards.

So if anybody knows about that problem and how to deal with it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure about why this is. It happens on my SC miniSD as well, and I know someone tested and found it to be entirely hardware-based. He covered up all the pins except for power and ground, and re-inserting it still caused the reboot.

There are very few times when I *need* to reinsert the Supercard, but when I do, I've found some success when pushing the right side in first and going REALLY slowly. When I say "right side" I'm talking about the right side when holding the DS open in front of you, facing the screens, pushing the GBA cartridge in. This sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but it's worth a shot.

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Hmm, so upgrading or downgrading the firmware won't help?

See, I never figured that out... My friend has an old Supercard Lite (from maybe 2 years ago - back when they still used that picture of Boba Fett and not the generic blah logo they do now) and his doesn't reboot the DS. Neither does my Supercard SD of the same era.

But my Mini SD and Lite both have that flameball SuperCard logo that's bland looking, and they both do the reset thing. So maybe it's like 2.0 hardware.

--EDIT--

Oh yeah, you're right! If I take it out and just put it in slowly with the right side first it doesn't reboot.

It's not so much that I NEED to take the card out, but I like to fidget with stuff, and when I have a card that's not in use it's fun to pop it in and out of the DS. As much as that's maybe a pointless habit, I guess I'm just curious in why it keeps rebooting my DS when the old ones never did that.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I honestly don't know. My SC miniSD has Boba Fett on it and it does reset, on both the GBA and DS.