My Supercard DSTwo works perfectly until I try to actually load a game

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by abigfatphony, Sep 7, 2014.

1. abigfatphony
    OP

abigfatphony Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2014
    United States
    Hey, I just received my supercard DSTwo in the mail today and I couldn't be more frustrated. I've followed all the steps here, as well as formatting the microSD card and starting over multiple times, trying different firmwares and EOS's and nothing seems to work.

When I plug in my supercard, everything works perfectly until I try to load a game. All the games and plugins I add to the SD card show up, but when I try to load a game, I get stuck on the Loading screen indefinitely. Can anybody give me any advice?

Also, I feel like I've done more damage than good by trying to get it to work so many times. When I first tried it, everything loaded perfectly up until trying to play a game on both my 3DS and my DS Lite. Now, I get the black screen with white text on my 3DS and can only get to the Supercard menu on my DS Lite. I would honestly be happy if I could even just get it to work on my DS Lite.

I've tried ~5 different roms, and even tried a GBA game in the GBA emulator I installed. No matter what everything works perfect until it comes time to actually load a game​
    Please help, I'm both frustrated and disappointed right now. I feel like I've wasted my money, and if I can't get it to work in the next couple of days I'm just going to give up and get a refund.​
    So am I S.o.L as they say? Is there anything I can do? Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I was so excited to finally get this in the mail and now I can't even play all the games I preemptively downloaded :/

P.S. Sorry if any of this has been asked/resolved already, I signed up for this board because after extensive google searching I came up empty.

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    It'd probably be a good idea to try a different microSD card and see if that helps things - preferably, one that's known to work to its stated capacity.

As for the 3DS issues, I'd make sure it's using the latest firmware, EOS, etc. before trying it on there.

3. abigfatphony
    OP

abigfatphony Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2014
    United States
    Just tried a different SD card which yielded the exact same results. I suppose that means I was unlucky enough to receive a defective cart? Is there any other last-ditch effort I can try before sending it in? No mail on Sundays, so I've got all of tomorrow to fool around with this thing before I send it back in/

4. TexRob

TexRob Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2014
    United States
    Clayton, North Carolina
    Did you try just playing a DS game? DS games don't require the onboard CPU, so it helps narrow down your problem.