My stereo faceplate was stolen

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for years I had a removable face plate for a Pioneer stereo system, I would put it in my glovebox or put it in my room when I wasn't using it or driving my car. Well, earlier last week, some dingus got into my car and stole the thing. Now, I think I remember the specific model of faceplate, a Pioneer DEH-150MP as far as I remember. I don't know if stereos can be interchangeable with single DIN connector faceplates, as that's what my stereo has, so I've been trying to find one for a good price. The fact I've been keeping it in my glove box for years without issue, and then to have some idiot steal it made me learn my lesson, I just want to know what my options are. I can call the place I had my stereo installed, but I don't know if I have to get a whole new system -_-

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks someone robbed you. Maybe you could self install better speakers and a better stereo system/make one (some diy stuff, maybe a pi, a media player, some wiring, and some good speakers).

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks someone robbed you. Maybe you could self install better speakers and a better stereo system/make one (some diy stuff, maybe a pi, a media player, some wiring, and some good speakers).

My question is though, are faceplates interchangeable, or do I need to install a entirely new system?

If I ever catch the idiot who did this, there will be hell to pay.

Reactions: Mythical

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My question is though, are faceplates interchangeable, or do I need to install a entirely new system?

If I ever catch the idiot who did this, there will be hell to pay.

Hello.:)

Pioneer do not have a Maskkey like Kenwood.It should be possible but it is very expensive if you order a replacement.You also need the Serialnumber and a Proof of ownership or proof of purchase.:(

Last edited by Alexander1970,

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ebay’ed “Pioneer DEH-150MP” and they seem cheap AF (£20-35). Can’t you just get a replacement?

Assuming it's the model that was stolen, yes
Hello.:)

Pioneer do not have a Maskkey like Kenwood.It should be possible but it is very expensive if you order a replacement.You also need the Serialnumber and a Proof of ownership or proof of purchase.:(

I just need a face plate

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Why not just pull the rest of the unit out and look at the model number on the bottom to find out for sure? Assuming you installed it yourself, should be no problem just pulling it and taking a look, and if you didn't install it yourself there are plenty of guides on removing the correct pieces of the dashboard to pull the stereo out yourself, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes max.

AFAIK, not all faceplates can be used with all stereos, it just kind of depends on the manufacturer and the model. It's best to get the one that came with your stereo for best support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol