Hacking My son just updated my 3ds to 11.6.0-39e help...

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My son updated my 3dsxl to 11.6.0.39e im on luma 8.1.1 bs9... everything seems to be working but am i going to get problems?can someone explain please

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
My son updated my 3dsxl to 11.6.0.39e im on luma 8.1.1 bs9... everything seems to be working but am i going to get problems?can someone explain please
You're alright.
As long as you've b9s installed, you can update your 3DS to the latest firmware without problems.
When a new 3DS Firmware update is out, update Luma with LumaUpdater or download the latest boot.firm from their GitHub Page. Update to latest firmware then.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: Quantumcat

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If b9s is installed it's still hacked. You can update luma 3DS to the latest build and make sure you have the latest b9s installed but what was there should be untouched if you were using luma with b9s at the time of update. (Though if it was in gateway CFW at the time of update it was updated to stock)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have luma and B9S, you dont really need an update blocker at this point. Its safe to be on the latest fw as I am typing this. (11.6). Luma has firm protection so it cant be overwritten.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9lH and Luma have the same protection however new versions of luma are not supported by a9lh and will not be. It is highly recommended you update it to use b9s.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As already stated, a hacked console with B9S will remain hacked, no matter the firmware version.

I however suggest you not to update Luma automatically (updating it is as simple as replacing one single file on your SD card) and not to update to the latest system firmware immediately, but only after visiting the forums and checking any compatibility issues.

In this case, version 11.6.0-39E was released a couple of weeks ago, but a new firmware version may turn some homebrew applications unusable, and there is usually no compelling reason to update (other than being able to play the latest game, if at all.)

Updating Luma (and its payloads, like GodMode9) manually every now and then forces one to review their setup, read the new features and check for any issues.
Administering and using a system are two completely different tasks. Do not mix them.

Reactions: emuashui

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
As already stated, a hacked console with B9S will remain hacked, no matter the firmware version.

I however suggest you not to update Luma automatically (updating it is as simple as replacing one single file on your SD card) and not to update to the latest system firmware immediately, but only after visiting the forums and checking any compatibility issues.

In this case, version 11.6.0-39E was released a couple of weeks ago, but a new firmware version may turn some homebrew applications unusable, and there is usually no compelling reason to update (other than being able to play the latest game, if at all.)

Updating Luma (and its payloads, like GodMode9) manually every now and then forces one to review their setup, read the new features and check for any issues.
Administering and using a system are two completely different tasks. Do not mix them.

maybe create a sysnand backup, then upgrade sysnand / emunand cloned from sysnand and test for any compatability issues?

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
maybe create a sysnand backup, then upgrade sysnand / emunand cloned from sysnand and test for any compatability issues?
I was trying to give him a general advice, but yes, backing up NAND before performing a firmware update is ideal (and what I would do on a more complex setup/ system.)

My 3DS setup is dead simple: Luma was not even copied to NAND, I do not use HomeBrew Launcher, and GodMode9 is my only payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +2