OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, firstly, I bought the product from techsick for $90.
Luckily they gave me 2 solderless mods cause they lost my package and fedex paid them for that.
Now I opened my wii, put the mod in. I must say it was horribly loose(and I tried both of them). The first time, I put it in and closed my wii up. Well I had to reopen my wii to find that it fell off.Second time it clipped perfectly. After a week or so, I noticed my wii read neither backups or real discs. I opened up my wii to find that the chip didn't turn on. so I took it off, to find that my real games worked again. Hoorah my wii wasn't screwed!
grog.gif
So I tried the other chip that came, that one didn't work at all. Im going go to a proffesional now and ask him to solder my ship for an extra $70.which means I paid 160$ for a chip. I could return the chip, but I emailed techsick for returning it a week ago and no reply.
SO I RATE THIS PRODUCT A 1/10 . It got one point cause it atleast worked for a while.
To all that dont solder, I suggest you ask a proffesional instead of buying this piece of crap.

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got one from techsick as well.
Personally I found them a pretty good company to deal with. I had a couple of teething problems fitting the clip, but Ive been running it for almost a couple of months and its worked fine.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Its true that solder less solutions will never be as safe and secure as there soldered counterparts. I would only recommend them to someone who has no other resort but to use one. I wouldnt risk it myself for sure.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@ alanchiz
Yah I found techsick a pretty good place too. But maybe it's just my luck with the returns. It was seriously annoying for me how both my chips ddn't work.

Posts merged

ihatexams said:
*Gulp* Just order one too. Hopefully it want be that bad.
Good luck

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Auyx said:
Its true that solder less solutions will never be as safe and secure as there soldered counterparts. I would only recommend them to someone who has no other resort but to use one. I wouldnt risk it myself for sure.
Actually, There're many other options a person would have. For example, a normal d2ckey's merely $30. So 70$ for install would end up with the same price as the solderless and it's more secure.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Saw a lot of people saying good things about Wii-Clip..

I had a similar problem with mine and end up soldering the chip on the Wii.. but I think I screwed up the clip, heard that it's really sensitive and might break if you take it out without care..

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Actually, There're many other options a person would have. For example, a normal d2ckey's merely $30. So 70$ for install would end up with the same price as the solderless and it's more secure.

Yer I mean if you don't know anybody who can solder and don't wanna risk it yourself or send it off for someone to do. For example the guy who did my D2Ckey was raided about a month ago and all the stuff at his place was taken by the police. I was lucky cuz I was going to buy a new case mod from him the weekend of the raid. I put it off due to buying a new TV and being low on funds.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Auyx said:
Yer I mean if you don't know anybody who can solder and don't wanna risk it yourself or send it off for someone to do. For example the guy who did my D2Ckey was raided about a month ago and all the stuff at his place was taken by the police. I was lucky cuz I was going to buy a new case mod from him the weekend of the raid. I put it off due to buying a new TV and being low on funds.

That isn't a option to some people

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
Auyx said:

Sorry I don't understand ?!?!?!?!?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Auyx said:
Prime said:
Auyx said:

Taking it to someone isn't a option to some peope

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Auyx said:
QUOTE said:

Wow I feel bad for the modder. I live in Canada(even though it says U.S. cuz I dont know how to change the country). Here we believe that when you buy a game system, you can do whatever the hellz you want with it cuz it's your system. Modders are not "raided" as you say cuz they didnt do anything illegal. I also found this strange artical in wikipedia that says piracy in canada for personal use is half legal(seeing as to what it says that police dont bother tracking you down). See "Piracy in Canada", though Im not sure if what the artical says is true at all.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
Auyx said:
Prime said:
Auyx said:

Taking it to someone isn't a option to some peope
Sure it is, couldnt they just ship their system to the modder?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LMAO £5? no, much dearer.

I don't know if you lot know the stories behind The Royal Mail which is my postal service but you would end up having no wii when you ship it away.

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a link the a Maxconsole.net report on it. It was a really big bust, wen I went round to his place to drop it off he let me into his house where he had turned it into a modding factory there were 3 PC's he was using to flash 360's and racking all over the walls where he hung the stuff he sold on his site. It was crazy, he and his wife must have been making a mint from it. His site just says down for maintenance now it was http://www.modchipfitters.com/

Maxconsole Report

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:

I don't know if you lot know the stories behind The Royal Mail which is my postal service but you would end up having no wii when you ship it away.

Ever tried posting a Wii? Thought not.

Having modded a few, I've had to send them back.

zannyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That Max Console article is hilarious, firstly they made it sound as if they were counterfiting actual wii chips not addon chips and secondly this bit "A Nintendo insider said: “A chipped Wii might sound cool but it is useless. The latest Wii extravaganza, seeing Mario back in a racer at the front of the pack, Mario Kart Wii, would be useless on a chipped Wii. You’ll never get the interaction or support when it all unravels. You’d have to be pretty stupid to think online gaming won’t be easily log-able in such digital days! Chip it and you brick it, as we say around the office. There is only one real Wii experience – and it doesn’t come chipped!”

Now I dont own a chipped machine myself but im pretty sure I saw plenty of posts about people playing Mario Kart Wii before it was out in the shops and their wii's didnt brick.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Prime said:

Ever tried posting a Wii? Thought not.

Having modded a few, I've had to send them back.

yeah i have posted a wii, let me answer before you answer your own question. i had to send my wii back to nintendo ages ago. So don't be a smart arse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse