Hardware My softmodded wii won't read retail gamecube discs.

jordeezy1949

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

So I bought a copy of Baten Kaitos Origins, and my soft modded 4.1U wii cannot read it. I tried other retail gamecube games as well, and those cannot be read either. Retail wii discs are read perfectly fine. I then tried to play the game with neogamma, and it works, until I get into a battle, then the game freezes and says that the disc cannot be read.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

NoBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Probably a ÂMIOS problem. Did you install any cMIOS? If you did, replace it with an unmodified version of MIOS.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Replace your mios with wiigator 0.2 miospatcher use mios v4 as base and enable backuploader support
And for extra compatability install BC v5 aswell, as v6 or higher can break compatability with a few different GC games. Neogammas newest backuploader is nice to launch GC games from with its new support

Jacob91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Replace your mios with wiigator 0.2 miospatcher use mios v4 as base and enable backuploader support
And for extra compatability install BC v5 aswell, as v6 or higher can break compatability with a few different GC games. Neogammas newest backuploader is nice to launch GC games from with its new support

This may sound stupid, but I have the same problem and I was wondering if you could tell me how to do what you're saying to do?

Thanks..

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you should try installing DarkCorp v1.0.
That fixed the problem on another person's Wii that I was teaching him how to soft-mod.

The MIOS on your Wii is probably either not functioning properly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you launch your games from the disc channel and don't have a modchip, then you need Waninkoko's cMIOS to play both retail and backup discs. But it's compatiblity on backups is lower than NeoGamma's and on some retail discs, you will need to eject the disc and reinsert them on the very 1st screen of the game, or you will get a read error.(for example Eternal Darkess, Starfox Advances etc.)

If you launch your games from a loader, use the latest NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

with the correct cMIOS and options, it will play almost if not all of your games.

PS: Look at the official compatiblity list to see how to get the Baten Kaitos games to work as backups, if the retail discs still fail

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same problem though I just softmodded my wii just to play wii games in a usbloader and I cant play any retail gc games says the disc cannot be read.

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with neogamma but it reboots my wii to the health warning screen. The game is james bond everything or nothing retail disc and disc channel says the disc cannot be read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi