Hardware My softmodded wii won't read retail gamecube discs.

jordeezy1949

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

So I bought a copy of Baten Kaitos Origins, and my soft modded 4.1U wii cannot read it. I tried other retail gamecube games as well, and those cannot be read either. Retail wii discs are read perfectly fine. I then tried to play the game with neogamma, and it works, until I get into a battle, then the game freezes and says that the disc cannot be read.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

NoBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Probably a ÂMIOS problem. Did you install any cMIOS? If you did, replace it with an unmodified version of MIOS.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Replace your mios with wiigator 0.2 miospatcher use mios v4 as base and enable backuploader support
And for extra compatability install BC v5 aswell, as v6 or higher can break compatability with a few different GC games. Neogammas newest backuploader is nice to launch GC games from with its new support

Jacob91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Replace your mios with wiigator 0.2 miospatcher use mios v4 as base and enable backuploader support
And for extra compatability install BC v5 aswell, as v6 or higher can break compatability with a few different GC games. Neogammas newest backuploader is nice to launch GC games from with its new support

This may sound stupid, but I have the same problem and I was wondering if you could tell me how to do what you're saying to do?

Thanks..

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you should try installing DarkCorp v1.0.
That fixed the problem on another person's Wii that I was teaching him how to soft-mod.

The MIOS on your Wii is probably either not functioning properly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you launch your games from the disc channel and don't have a modchip, then you need Waninkoko's cMIOS to play both retail and backup discs. But it's compatiblity on backups is lower than NeoGamma's and on some retail discs, you will need to eject the disc and reinsert them on the very 1st screen of the game, or you will get a read error.(for example Eternal Darkess, Starfox Advances etc.)

If you launch your games from a loader, use the latest NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

with the correct cMIOS and options, it will play almost if not all of your games.

PS: Look at the official compatiblity list to see how to get the Baten Kaitos games to work as backups, if the retail discs still fail

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same problem though I just softmodded my wii just to play wii games in a usbloader and I cant play any retail gc games says the disc cannot be read.

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with neogamma but it reboots my wii to the health warning screen. The game is james bond everything or nothing retail disc and disc channel says the disc cannot be read.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    this new xenforo version keeps logging me out, whyh
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    not sure. I haven't had that issue. the only computer related issue I've been having is with my isp and the smtp server getting authentication errors randomly. I'm going to have to call them again. this started happening again after changing my password.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like this for random people, including myself. that will prevent being logged out or it did anyway.
    Gift
    godreborn @ godreborn: you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like...