Hacking My sister has a 3.0.0-6E can I update this to 4.0-4.5?

whoope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Title says it all, I found my sisters 3DS after finding out about Gateway to make sure I have a 3DS that can run it before the 9.2 update but I'm not sure if I can go from 3.x.x to 4.x-4.5

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'll need a games that comes with a 4.0-4.5 update. I think you should be able to find a list of these games somewhere.

Reactions: whoope

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yup, just get a game that has 4.1-4.5 firmware partition on them.

http://3ds.essh.co/

On the search bar type 4.5 or any firmware that Gateway supports, and you're gonna get a list of games that have that firmware partition.
Games like New Super Mario Bros 2 has 4.1 partition which is supported by Gateway (an example).
Be sure have WIFI disabled WHILE updating from the card, cause if you have it enabled then the system is gonna get the latest firmware from the internet.
And be sure to check the region of the game, there are USA,EUR,KOR and JAP games and cause 3DS is region locked, you will need a EUR game to update the system if you have an European console.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you definitely can update with a game card as others have said above. I'd love to go to a garage sale and find an old dusty 3DS for nothing with like firmware 1.0 and upgrade it to 4.5 firmware.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As stated, go with Luigi's Mansion 2 as it's actually a good game :) then you get the firmware. A good game, buy the gateway, sell the game :) PROFIT

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
You can update the firmware using a cartridge with a suitable firmware or via Download Play , you can use both , real cartridge or rom.3ds (running on another console, of course) . To upgrade to firmware 4.4 via Download Play, use the game Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Games that supports Download Play and able to update the console to firmware 4.5, does not exist.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some 4.5's have reports of issue's with GW. (Along with the 4.5 MiiVerse edition... Which isn't compatible at all IIRC)
4.4 would be best if you want the latest and stable FW.
4.3 and lower are stable too, but as recent as 4.4 ('system improvements...') But apperently has better DS Flashcard compatibility, not that the blue DS card doesn't work on 4.4/4.5.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some 4.5's have reports of issue's with GW. (Along with the 4.5 MiiVerse edition... Which isn't compatible at all IIRC)
4.4 would be best if you want the latest and stable FW.
4.3 and lower are stable too, but as recent as 4.4 ('system improvements...') But apperently has better DS Flashcard compatibility, not that the blue DS card doesn't work on 4.4/4.5.
I only heard issues with region spoofing on 4.1. Never heard of anyone having any problems on 4.5.

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Mario Kart 7 (Rev01) have 4.3.0 ... anyway insert the cartrige in your 3DS and she tells you what Firmware Version it have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte