Gaming My sims - what's the gameplay like?

jankii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I've played Sims and Sims 2 on PC and mainly like the create your town, house ect. part of the game. So when I saw My sims announcement I thought great: cute chibi sims!
biggrin.gif

But then I read the reviews and tried the DS version and now I'm not so sure I'll like it.

I'm aware that there is a limitation in your building endeavors because you need to collect essences and stuff. But that doesn't bother me so much as would linear game play, I haven't played the DS version much but from what I've seen you go from one person to another doing tasks. Is that what the Wii version is like too?
huh.gif

So help me out, Wii games aren't cheap and I'd rather spent that money on another game if this isn't what I might like.

Thanks.
shy.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well its kinda like Animal Crossing, but without Wi-fi, makes it lose all the fun. In my opinion i wouldnt recommend My Sims, but Animal Crossing instead.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You build Houses and Objects for the people in town and thus increasing your relationship with these people. You can also build things for yourself. And you will get new templates so you can build new things.
biggrin.gif

Essences are used to paint things. You can also place them as decoration on the objects. (Happy essence will be a smilie if you place it.
biggrin.gif
)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well its kinda like Animal Crossing, but without Wi-fi, makes it lose all the fun. In my opinion i wouldnt recommend My Sims, but Animal Crossing instead.

it's nothing and i mean NOTHING like animal crossing, save your money (or media) such a complete waste on EA's part
frown.gif
and if you think my sims is your typical sims type game then think again, i got bored of this crap in like 1-2 hours, never played it again.

jankii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I was never much interested in the "sims interaction" part of the game anyway so that being nonexistent is not an issue
biggrin.gif

What I'm most interested in is: are you forced to complete tasks one by one or do you have freedom to move around and build stuff on your own (along with the necessary essences collection) in the order you like?

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can build what you like for yourself if you have the blue print for it... but the people of your town will keep ask you for things. and yeh you kinda need to build them for them. but you can build your own things or random presents for them if you want. you can also just randomly move around peoples furniture =D

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the gameplay like?.... In one word.. Repetitive. After a while it just seemed like "Build a chair! Build a table! Build another chair! Build a coffee table!" And all you have to do is fill the space so I got bored of trying with it.. Returned it. But I heard others enjoyed it.

jankii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
So basically it's better to wait for My sims 2
tongue.gif

I can't return a game if I don't like it so I'll just wait and buy others that I'm sure I'll like, at the rate I'm playing by the time I finish those games My sims 2 might actually be a real game
happy.gif
If not maybe I'll buy My sims.

Thanks for your comments anyway.
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could always buy that sims on an island or whatever it's called
tongue.gif
but THAT was the biggest snooze ever imho :/ Mysims was cutesy and okay.. watch movies on youtube and gametrailers.com and you'll see what the gameplay is like

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty cool
But it's like made for 6 Year old children
So the sounds and such things are really fucked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?