Hacking My SDHC accept even very old apps, not designed to SDHC

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just adquired a sexy 8GB SDHC SanDisk, (class 2 thought), I find out that it can run very old apps that doesn't have SDHC support!! (?)
Kinda strange, I wonder if it something to do with the HBC itself. Not sure.

It run perfectly a old ass WiiMote demo app, and Hermes Wiireader, textED, DMP, among others...
Cool beans, uh =P

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not sure, wiireader is very old, the same with Wiimote Demo, I highly doubt they run under 249, not even designed with 249 in mind.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tueidj said:
HBC channel loads the apps, and it supports SDHC. After the apps are launched most of them don't even access the SD card.
But Wiireader can access to the SDHC before load, it even show me the files inside the card!!! lol

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they don't reload IOS, they're running under HBC's IOS, likely IOS61. IOS61 is SDHC capable. It's the IOS that matters, not the loader.

QUOTE said:
After the apps are launched most of them don't even access the SD card.
Some don't access SD after loading, but DMP certainly does to get the music. Does anyone know if DMP reloads IOS? I'll bet it doesn't.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
techboy said:
If they don't reload IOS, they're running under HBC's IOS, likely IOS61. IOS61 is SDHC capable. It's the IOS that matters, not the loader.

At least in case of the HBC this is incorrect. The app get's always loaded on IOS36, even if __IOS_LoadStartupIOS() is nulled.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
Fail. SD and SDHC use different addressing modes, even if the IOS supports SDHC the app must support it too. Otherwise we could run old games (SSBB, GHWT, RB2) under the new IOSes and they would magically support SDHC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.