My sdcard becomes "un accessible" after launching USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mpmusic, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mpmusic
    OP

Newcomer mpmusic Newbie

United States
    So, i got my wii "professionally soft modded" the other night and we setup with usb loader gx.
    i was shown how to use the wii, and how usbloader worked..

he went ahead and downloaded all the album art covers for me before i left, and updated the wii title database thing.
    when i went home i played a few games and went to bed.

the next morning, when i got home from work i tried launching usbloadergx, and this time, all the covers were missing.
    and all my settings were back to default.. so i try to re download all the game covers again all within usbloadergx and i get an error.

Next i go into settings - "PATHS" and i find out that the path wasnt pointing to my sd card anymore,
    they were pointed somewhere on USB drive. when i tried to change a path to SD: i get another error.

Next i tried to update the program, and the wii titles, and it says it was unable to write to sd or something like that.
    so i restart the wii and start all over, go to homebrew channel and load up usbloader_gx, and it gives me the same problem.

At this point, i deleted the usbloader_gx folder in the apps, and the config folder in the root of sd,
    and try installing usbloadergx again using the easy installer.

after it installs, i still get the same problems and errors. i still cant change path's or download any artwork, or wii titles ect.

then i tried installing the cfg usb loader and whenever i try to update the artwork or anything it says "SD Card not accessible"

i come to the final conclusion it must be the sd card, so before trying a new one, i did a long format (fat 32) and loaded everything back on the sd card
    with the easy installer of usbloader gx and yet again... run into the same problems..

now, i try a different sd card, repeat all the steps (easy installer.. ect) and get the same problems..
    i even tried taking out the sd card after the usb loader loads up and putting it back in and this doesnt work.

the "lock" switch on both sd cards are set to "unlocked" i made sure they werent locked..

what i find weird is, i can launch any programs from the sd card, i can play emulators and everything else just fine.
    i just cant seem to get any usbloader to download the WII titles, or fan art or save the settings for that matter.

both sd cards are SDHC, one is a PNY 8gb, and the other is another 8gb SDHC.

so i was wondering if you had any ideas?

2. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    Step 1: Switch to Configurable USB loader.
    Step 2: Use An update tool (NOT NINTENDO UPDATE) to update to/past 4.0 (If you haven't already)
    Step 3. Take out your SD card, and flip the "Lock" switch.

Tell me if you still have problems.

3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    if everything else fails just store the config/covers/etc on the usb drive
    maybe copy the loader too, that way you dont need the sd at all

4. mpmusic
    OP

Newcomer mpmusic Newbie

United States

okay soi set my sd card to 'lock' and tried downloading things againbut i get the same sdcard error.

i'm not sure what you mean by step 2, remember i had somebody else mod my wii..
    i was originally on 4.2 but he had updated me to 4.3U so i could get access to netflix.
    then he re modded it. so what steps should i do now?

where can i find the update tool, and what should i update now that i'm on 4.3u?

5. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    I meant flip the switch on the sd card away from lock.

ANd I was just making sure you were on 4.0+ as any previous system menu couldn't use sdhc.

And use configurable usb loader instead of usb loader gx. I don't know if GX can use sdhc, as I don't use it. I do know that Configurable usb loader CAN use sdhc.