My sd slot is busted :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sahduk, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010

My sd slot is busted :( by Sahduk at 2:09 PM (1,734 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Sahduk
    OP

Member Sahduk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried putting my cousins SD card in to my wii and it wouldnt go in to easily so I gave it a slight push and it got jammed in and really tight. It wouldnt come out so my brother used a flat head screw driver and a tweaser to yank it out. Now none of my SD cards work on my wii I think its completely busted since they dont even stay in the slot. How do I repair it?

Also I have another question!
    Iv been playing my ps3 on my 50inch 1080p tv and everythings fine, but when I switched to the wii and tried playing zelda twilight princess it was blockie as F**K it wasnt so bad on my 30 inch T.V. I used to own but this is just unacceptable! Could I upscale or use a different wire or something?

2. smuddge

Newcomer smuddge Advanced Member

United States
    if you can solder you can buy a replacement sd card slot from various places.

if not send it to someone for them to fix lots of places repair wii's

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Are you playing with the normal AV cable? If yes, then look if your tv has a component input:
    [​IMG]
    Then you can buy a component cable to get a better picture. I don't know how good the picture is on a 50 inch TV, I only have a 32 inch TV.

4. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    As FIX94 said, use component cables.

Works a treat on our 50" Plasma.

5. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    The Wii only renders a 640 pixel wide, 480 pixel tall image. Your (permanently) displays a 1920 pixel wide, 1080 pixel tall image.
    So each pixel the Wii renders has to cover something like 2 and a half pixels on the larger screen - THAT is why it doesn't look amazing at a higher resoltuion.
    Component cables will make it look better, but you should never expect it to look even half as good as your PS3 does.
    As for the SD Slot, if you're ballsy, take apart your Wii and see what the damage is - it could be something misaligned or jammed internally. And if push comes to shove you could always permanently place a smaller SD in there and then use WiiXplorer and a USB drive or FTPii to access the SD.

6. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    My Sd card slot spring has broken so I have to remove the SD card with scissors all the time but it still works fine! If your wii is not softmodded you should send back to nintendo and they will fix it cheap! If it is softmodded you may need to buy a replacement SD slot yourself!

7. FIX94

Germany
    @luminalace:
    Is there a way to replace the broken sd card slot with a working one from another wii? Because my slot doesn't work anymore.

8. luminalace

Australia
    Yeah you can do that but having a look at my wii (I can remove the front of it) it looks like it would be hard to do! You will need a tri wing screwdriver to remove the Wii case and go from there!

9. FIX94

Germany
    The problem is that the sd card slot is on the motherboard. Here two pitures from my opened broken wii with a working sd card slot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. luminalace

Australia
    That seems like it's nigh on impossible unless you are really good at soldering! I think returning to Nintendo would be your best shot!

11. FIX94

Germany
    OK, thanks for your help. I'm using everyting from my USB hard drive now, thats ok. If I need the sd card slot again, i will think about it.
    THAT'S MY POST 100 [​IMG]

12. Sahduk
    OP

Member Sahduk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    God dammit ¬_¬

My wii has been soft modded like crazy, guess I wont be taking it to nintendo. I do on the other hand have a soldering pen and a ton of solder, guess I could borrow it from my brother. Where can I buy a reliable replacement?

13. luminalace

Australia
    Sounds like a good idea! Congrats on your 100th post!