My SD card just broke.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by 94dan, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 94dan
    OP

94dan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    I was playing Populous II on SnemulDS in Stylus Mode, when it froze up, and I had to restart. On bootup, the screen simply said "Loading..." and hangs there. I tried formatting it, the computer wouldn't recognize it, I tried using a camera to format it, it just hung on a screen which said "Loading...".

What do I do? What happen? Someone set me up the bomb?

EDIT: About the camera, it was loading reading the card, not formatting it.

2. asuri

asuri GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    Canada
    same happened to me, i had no way that i know of fixing it. i still have it but i bought another r4(new one this time) and sd card. now im thinking it was the usb fault(not smooth when i put the card in) and the spring problem where i pressed the card and wiggled it a lot. - gone? card golden connector thingy scratched?

if anyone knows how to fix i would also like to know all my save files i worked hard on in it

3. 94dan
    OP

94dan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    No, s'not that. I have a micro -> normal converter, and the comp doesn't recognize it through that, either.

4. asuri

asuri GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    Canada
    yeah... thats what i kinda meant. is it possible to change the case of the sd

5. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Buy a new one, they're not very expensive.

NewEgg.com
    DealExtreme
    ...should have some in stock.

6. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    double post, sorry.

7. 94dan
    OP

94dan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    I FIXED IT!!!!!!

My Mom was getting another Digital Camera for Christmas, and I, uh... Opened it, and formatted it in that Digital Camera.

A tip for anyone who has this problem: If your camera doesn't fix it, use someone else's.

P.S. Sorry for ancient bumping... I just thought this might be kinda important since a lot of people are getting this problem.