Hardware My SD card hates me :(

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok...then problem with my sd card is that is full..i know what u might be thinking "So...how does it hate you just clear some files away"
Ok ill tell when this all started. I wanted to make a backup NAND so i made one but i couldnt find it anywhere on my sd card..so i decided to make another one once again i couldnt find it, thne im like ok theres something wrong here then i did it again...i got the NAND.bin file but with 0bytes so i checked properties of my sd card it said it was full.
So anyone know how i can see these NAND files that are invisible? (there not in any folders i checked)

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Ok...then problem with my sd card is that is full..i know what u might be thinking "So...how does it hate you just clear some files away"
Ok ill tell when this all started. I wanted to make a backup NAND so i made one but i couldnt find it anywhere on my sd card..so i decided to make another one once again i couldnt find it, thne im like ok theres something wrong here then i did it again...i got the NAND.bin file but with 0bytes so i checked properties of my sd card it said it was full.
So anyone know how i can see these NAND files that are invisible? (there not in any folders i checked)

Try reformating ur SD card

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will i lose all my files on it?
(i know i will
tongue.gif
i got some wiiware games on ti thats why)

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IV had this problem many times so I know were your cumming from

There is an easy fix and you don’t need to format your card

1) Insert your card into your SD reader or on your pc or laptop
2) 2 click on my computer on your desktop
3) Look for your SD card its something like (Removable Disk F:)
4) Right click and chose properties
5) Click on the tools tab
6) Click on the error-checking button (check now)
7) In the check disk options select both "auto fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

It will take about 10 sec depending on your SD Card size

Now that’s done. You’re not finished. The files that were bad are now visible in a hidden folder on
Your SD card you need to Del them don’t worry your not losing any data there just bad files
That was found by the error checker.

There will be a hidden folder on your SD card something like folder.000 with all the bad files in.
delete this and you will have free Space again.

hope this helps it should do ythe trick

Four X

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok but i wanna keep a NAND backup how is this possible i reformated tried to get it again the once again i got like 540 or something liek that of mb on my sd card with a NAND.bin file that has 0bytes on it :/

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four_X said:

7) In the check disk options select both "auto fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

Now that’s done. You’re not finished. The files that were bad are now visible in a hidden folder on
Your SD card you need to Del them don’t worry your not losing any data there just bad files

There will be a hidden folder on your SD card something like folder.000 with all the bad files in.

Four X

I think u need vista for that *NOT SURE*

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not that im angry or anything but....i did what u told me (four_x) and now theres no morw space at all on my sd card :/
like i cant put anyfiles at all...also i lost all my wads,apps,my neogamma,private folder,nand.bin file, and some toher folder any way to get it all back? -.-?

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nevermind i got them back *phew* but still theere is 540mb or something liek that i cant find all i see is that still annoying nand.bin file that is 0bytes

100th Post
biggrin.gif

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crissm25 said:
Four_X said:

Four X

I think u need vista for that *NOT SURE*

no i can do it with xp pro

Posts merged

did you find the hidden folder.000 folder del this and that nand.bin and use bootmii and make a new dump

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i still cant the nand.bin file with 540mb on it i only see my nand.bin file with obytes but still something is ttaking 500+ mb and i cant see i tried both methods and i cant see either..also now when i try to get the nand it fails for some reasons
i says failed -1 (on my wii

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right there’s something clogging up you SD, it might be corrupted, I know its sound sad
But your SD card may be failing.

just a quick note What make is your SD card because bootmii doesn’t support all SD cards

The only other option open to you is

1) Backup all your files to a hdd (I would do this anyway just in case your SD is failing)
2) Follow the step I told you about in the previous post (don’t need to Del hidden folder)
3) Format your card using the quick option then do a normal format
4) Copy the files back one by one but make sure that you only copy files that you want
(I.E. don’t copy files that look suspicious rearly big files when you know thay should be small)

If that doesn’t work then your SD may have been corrupted beyond repair, if it’s still under
Warrantee some manufactures give you a 5 year warrantee like sandisk send it to them
They will fix it but most of the time they will send you a brand new one.

Four_X

It’s a bummer when you’re flash or SD card dies I berried mine in the garden with a little cross
Saying R.I.P Kingston SD Card 2GB lost but not forgotten) HA
wacko.gif

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
UnseenHero said:
not that im angry or anything but....i did what u told me (four_x) and now theres no morw space at all on my sd card :/
like i cant put anyfiles at all...also i lost all my wads,apps,my neogamma,private folder,nand.bin file, and some toher folder any way to get it all back? -.-?
You forgot to backup your stuff
blink.gif
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.