Hacking My Save file cannot be opened

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me, I recently upgraded form Wood for DSTT back to Good old Retro's updates, and since then my Pokemon White save data cannot be opened when I try to play the game. I do not have that problem for any of my other games including Black... Any ideas what happened?

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wood save can be: nameofthegame.nds.sav
and you need "nameofthegame.sav"
so, you see now what you need to change on your save files!

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The file is saved like any other save "5584 - Pokémon White Version (Europe) (En).sav" I think the problem might be the fact its a 512kb save? I though most pokemon games saved in 1mb saves?

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BBR said:
Shadowlurker said:
The file is saved like any other save "5584 - Pokémon White Version (Europe) (En).sav" I think the problem might be the fact its a 512kb save? I though most pokemon games saved in 1mb saves?

You can try shunyweb save converter
http://www.shunyweb.info/

The website does not work for me for unknown reasons it just forever loads and I'm not sure what options i would have used it it was working for me anyhow, Should i just upload my save and see if it works for any one else?

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Shadowlurker said:
BBR said:
Shadowlurker said:

The website does not work for me for unknown reasons it just forever loads and I'm not sure what options i would have used it it was working for me anyhow, Should i just upload my save and see if it works for any one else?

It could be Source Format: Acekard RPG
And Target Format: DSTT [It comes with other]
You can upload your sav to try too.

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BBR said:
Shadowlurker said:
BBR said:
Shadowlurker said:

It could be Source Format: Acekard RPG
And Target Format: DSTT [It comes with other]
You can upload your sav to try too.

After I got the website working it tried the options you advised, and still ysmenu cannot open the sav when i attempt to play White, so i tried various options and still nothing, so i'll upload it to mediafire if someone can take a look at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vf9lx8jhgteqz3b

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Try opening it using the original dstt menu as it is able to upgrade your save to 1mb which is something ysmenu cant do.

Normal menu just creates a new 1mb file then white screens on start :S

I dont get why this has happened to only White, Black and ALL the other games still work flawlessly... I really dont wanna start all over again.

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bitonio6 said:
WOOD, R4, DSTT, EDGE, etc... Have the same save files!!!

I am aware of this, anyway I opened my game on DSemu or what ever and used the import save feature, and it allowed me to actually load it so it seems theres nothing wrong with the save its just that My DSTT just wont open it, It even shows up on the time indicater thingy (the thing showing when it was last saved...

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, If i place woodstt back on it loads fine... But I do not want to use wood any more becuase of other reasons, So it seems that the problem is not the save but rather retros updates not working with older saves. Should I ask him about this?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi Shadowlurker,

It's because the DSTT firmware cannot handle special characters like é etc.

Otherwise, you can just download your save, which I have converted to 1MB and tested on my DSTT with v6.67 and it loads the save : Shadowlurker's 5584 save.

I have renamed your .sav, so make sure you rename your game file to the same.

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG how could I be that stupid? 1 letter let me down lol. Thanks Retro for taking a few mins to help.

This can be closed now or what ever.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i test myself, because im talking in french, we use éàê in game name
and i have no problem with the kernel i use !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.