Hardware My Result Pi Po test is it bad or good?

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vdjt4z.png

So is it good or bad?

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shuny said:
Not really bad but you can do better
wink.gif

What speed did you use to burn your media ?
8x, if I do 4x they don't work
They are very cheap DVD's (I bought Expensive ones first they didn't work then bought 100 Cheap DVD's which where said to work and they do)
Mediacode = RITEKF1

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
So it's not your Media, because I have exactly the same mediacode and I have with Mario kart Wii

PI Total : 19 360
PI Peak : 93
PI Avg : 46

PIF total : 180
PIF Peak : 6
PIF Avg : 1
POF Total : 0

Quality rating : 94.63%

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, well I got a budget Samsung DVD Burner so that explains it I guess
But does that mean the burner is also providing a badder quality or is it just the reading that show bad quality

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just swapped back to -r after getting a faulty batch of Verbatim +r. I'm now getting quality ratings of 98% each time on a Piodata 108DX.

That said and done, it's always seemed to vary heavily depending on where the ISO was from. GC games i've backed up myself on +r have always been in the high 90s, but Mario Galaxy always got about 40% - tried burning 3 times, never had a DRE or problem reading the disks though?

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
I've read that sometime a low quality metric (70%) may be acceptable in certain situations. It really depends on how the errors are "spread out" across the disc. From what I understand, if there is enough space between errors, then the data correction algorithms have enough data to recreate the bad parts.

Think of it like this. Suppose you have cards numbered 0 and 1. You know that 3 cards in a row always add up to an even number (the 3rd card is the checksum). One error (of the 3) is detectable, but 2 are not. This is a hugely oversimplified example of how data correction works, but you get the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c