kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My R4i RTS Review

After reviewing lots of new style Slot 1 cards with update dongles and gadgets my review sample supplier
shop.01media.com sent me a blast from my past an R4 card! ..Well not

just any old defunct one ....It's one of the NEW style R4i (DSi compatible) RTS (Real Time Save) SDHC cards
smile.gif

These new R4 cards are brought to us by the M3 TEAM who make the legendary M3 REAL/M3I ZERO and in the past

M3 Simply cards (This was the original R4's more expensive counterpart but essentially the same card as the R4 both

hardware and kernel loaders)

With the disbandment of the R4 Team due to the big 'N' stamping them into the past ...The M3 TEAM took over the R4

side of the two teams bringing out a range of SLOT 1 cards in the same style/design of that well known and loved

original R4 card ...but with new and updated hardware/features such as SDHC/DSi functionality and RTS!

This new version now also comes with Moonshell 2 as part of kernel files ..which is the multimedia player and backbone

of the M3 Real/Zero Sakura game and app loader

Anyway enough about the history and rant about the old R4 cards ...

Here's My review of the new one!...

get it here >> Shop01media R4iRTS

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Does C.O.P The recruit work with this R4? Is the RTS stable in the R4? And is this R4 1.4 compatible/upgradable?

will test C.O.P and post back the results here
smile.gif

Didnt test the RTS with many games but it worked fine with BLEACH and COOKING MAMMA 3
smile.gif

and READ THE WHOLE REVIEW lol it says its already compatible right near the start of the review where it mentions DANNY PHANTOM
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant is if this flashcart upgradable? Like the Acekard 2i is and M3? So basically I am asking if Nintendo makes a 1.5 update will this flashcart be able to upgrade it self to work on it?

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
What I meant is if this flashcart upgradable? Like the Acekard 2i is and M3? So basically I am asking if Nintendo makes a 1.5 update will this flashcart be able to upgrade it self to work on it?

edit: missread the website all versions of the R4i RTS manufactured/released after Aug,31st will be already 1.4 compatible!

Mine came already updated to work on 1.4
smile.gif

guessing that if they release a 1.5 firmware for DSi then the R4iRTS cards that work now will either be updatable or compatible with the 1.5 after all its the same hack with ALL cards making the DSi think its loading a RETAIL game ...it will be MUCH harder to block otherwise it will be blocking the retail versions of the games they are based on
smile.gif

and secondly NO ... COP does not work unpatched with this kernel ... Although it may work when they release a kernel update this kernel was out AFAIK long before COP
smile.gif

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Thanks for the review. I remember M3 team asked me to review it a while back when I had a crapload of reviews backlogged. Maybe I'll take them up on the offer.

A little short on the pictures this time... I wanted to see if the menu looks identical to the old R4 menu minus the RTS button or something.

Will add one to this thread if you really must see it ..... but its the same identical menu as the old R4 with the only difference being the RTS being the left most block where the UsrCheat button was.. (see image where it shows how to turn on the RTS)
wink.gif

Other than that the game selection and the initial 3 button layout with GAME/ MULTIMEDIA/GBA is EXACTLY the same nothings changed ...it comes with MOONSHELL 2 that's launched the same way as the old one by the Multimedia button
smile.gif

edit: your signature is WAY out of date btw PharaohsVizier
tongue.gif

bigwill2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dsi 1.3 and when I try to load the r4i RTS it shows me a black screen with the writing "couldn't find_DS_MENU.SYS

How do i fix this?
it has the danny phantom image on it so i assume its even prepared for 1.4...should i update it to 1.4??
or just say forget it and get a ds lite??
unsure.gif

Posts merged

from what I know the Dsi is supposed to creat this file itself so this is extremely confusing because I am following all directions. This has to be a common problem! if anyone that has a 1.3 dsi could possibly send me there MENU.SYS file that would really help

my email is [email protected]

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigwill2600 said:
I have a dsi 1.3 and when I try to load the r4i RTS it shows me a black screen with the writing "couldn't find_DS_MENU.SYS

How do i fix this?
it has the danny phantom image on it so i assume its even prepared for 1.4...should i update it to 1.4??
or just say forget it and get a ds lite??
unsure.gif

Posts merged

from what I know the Dsi is supposed to creat this file itself so this is extremely confusing because I am following all directions. This has to be a common problem! if anyone that has a 1.3 dsi could possibly send me there MENU.SYS file that would really help

my email is [email protected]

try re-downloading the kernel files from the R4i RTS website > http://www.r4rts.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on