Hacking My R4 is stuck on the 3 options screen

Sparxxors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i DID check the loading thread, and my R4 has been working for about a year and a half, so a clone isn't the problem(at least i think). i was using Beup Live and after a "Notification to server connection lost" or some notice like that and the screen froze so i turned it off and back on. when i turned it on, it was stuck on the Game/Multimedia/Boot-Slot 2 start screen, and i couldn't select any options. all my files on it were saved already on my computer, and when i tried to delete them on my R4 and copy the backup, it still failed. so does anybody have a clue what's wrong with it? or is it time for R4i? o_o

Sparxxors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Have you tried Formatting your microSD?

yea, but i can't tell what file is wrong, or if it's just the memory card. i think i'll give my friend my card with everything deleted and have him copy his system files and dsmenu.dat on mine, but i'm not sure that'll help either. =\

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sparxxors said:
I am r4ymond said:
Have you tried Formatting your microSD?

yea, but i can't tell what file is wrong, or if it's just the memory card. i think i'll give my friend my card with everything deleted and have him copy his system files and dsmenu.dat on mine, but i'm not sure that'll help either. =\

Maybe the Homebrew application somehow "destroyed" your R4

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
No, that isn't the issue! You cannot wreck the card itself.

1. Try formatting the microSD, then install the latest software from the official site.
2. Try a different microSD card.
3. Try cleaning the contacts with a soft cloth - do NOT blow on them or in the slot as moisture in your breath will damage it.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
outgum said:
If its online stuff, Maybe Nintendo Locked his SD?
Ive heard of it happening only once before, but idk, Do what XWolf says
wut... You trollin?

Format the SD, then re-install the 1.18 firmware on. If it doesn't work, try a different SD, if still no luck you're card is dead.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My friend told me about reading it in Nintendos TOS somewhere, and he always argues how what they do is illegal blah blah, so maybe he's just wrong?
But ill take the stupid blame for it then?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
That is seriously the worst idea ever, how would Nintendo go about blocking SD cards, DSLite's can't recieve firmware updates like the DSi, if you know how, please enlighten me. I just found that point so dumb i almost fell off my bed.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
He explained it was, Not updating firmware, Just as like...
When you access wifi, if they pick up a certain changed code or something, that they download a file which in result ends up in a form of "brick" but i guess i didnt think about it enough cause reformating the Mirco SD would get rid of it >_> Its my own stupidity , nothing else XD

Sparxxors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:

1. Try formatting the microSD, then install the latest software from the official site.
3. Try cleaning the contacts with a soft cloth - do NOT blow on them or in the slot as moisture in your breath will damage it.

do you mean the R4 official site? i'm kinda doing something important right now..so yea i do have stupid questions, sorry. i don't have another micro SD card, and reformat THEN download software?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sparxxors said:
XWolf said:

do you mean the R4 official site? i'm kinda doing something important right now..so yea i do have stupid questions, sorry. i don't have another micro SD card, and reformat THEN download software?

1) Format your micro SD.
2) After formatting, download the latest software from the official site.
3) Extract the files to the Root of your Flashcart.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
The contacts on your cards are naturally exposed to millions of times more moisture from the air around you in a week than it would be exposed to by blowing on it for 10 seconds, which is why contacts are made from corrosion resistant metals.
That myth has been around since the days of the NES... I recall hearing about it right around the time I found you could blow into the carts to clear the dust and it would actually work.
I even remember a used game store that was asking people if they blew into their NES carts and wouldn't give you money for them if you did.

http://r4ds.com/ -- Official R4 site. Latest: 1.18
http://r4li.com/ -- UNofficial firmware. Latest: 1.24

Though I would suggest using a2h's YSMenu generator to build YSMenu:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu