My R4 is starting to crash nowadays

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RemixV4, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
  1. RemixV4
    OP

Newcomer RemixV4 Member

Canada
    I've had my R4 for about 2 years. It was in perfect working condition for the longest time. Sometime during the second year, the R4 would have trouble reading occasionally. It seems to have gone away for the most part, but now I'm stuck with a new problem. Whenever I'm playing a game, sometimes it will just crash on me. At first I assumed it was just a bad rom or something, but my other games that have never given me trouble before are also crashing randomly. Is this a problem with my firmware, or is it just getting too old? I'd appreciate any help ^-^

2. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    RIP R4DS I knew you well =/

Sadly it's dead my friend unless you want to buy another one, don't let it brick your DS.

3. uberusmaximus

Newcomer uberusmaximus Advanced Member

United States
    you should probably just replace it. a dstt is similar to an r4 and only cost $6 now on dealextreme.

4. RemixV4
    OP

Newcomer RemixV4 Member

Canada
    I guess I might have to... It seems as if it crashes when I move around too much, so I'll try not moving and being a little more gentle with the cart.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I'd suggest getting an AceKard2 or DSTT, both are fairly cheap at DealExtreme.
    You could also try the trick here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131568
    It sounds like your card isn't making a good connection anymore, so this could help.