My R4 got corrupted!?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by azngokuman, Jul 11, 2008.

1. azngokuman
    OP

azngokuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    Hey everybody, ive been using my R4 for no problem until yesterday where i turned it on and started it up regularly and the skin loaded fine. Then i pressed games and there were 3 system files and all these files i couldnt read. There were a bunch of them and I didnt do anything different from the different times i played it. Can anyone help X_X thnx [​IMG]

2. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    Start by removing all files from MicroSD to your PC, then format SD (using either your O/S) or using other software, such as Panasonic SD Formatting software http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=944...mp;hl=panasonic

Then try copying files back onto it. If that fails, you may need to redownload the latest R4 Firmware 1.18 and replace the system files.

3. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    hm. try pressing either start or select (forget which one). it changes the files shown, so maybe u just hit that by accident?

4. pokemongalaxy

pokemongalaxy Banned

Banned
    Mar 10, 2008
    Canada
    This happened to me once on my m3smiply. all the system files and jibberish showed up so I just turned it on and off... then my games,files,nothing was on it anymore. I formatted my sd card and nothings happened ever since

5. azngokuman
    OP

azngokuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    alright thanks everyone, but decided to format everything again like what ds_magic said and download all my games all over again... oh yeah da_head, do you really think i accidently press start or select and that happened? cuz that little button could change all the programs in the sd card? but doesnt matter cuz i formated it anyways XD

6. Yuan

Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 1, 2007
    Brazil
    Now backup all your games/saves @ your pc, to avoid this happening again [​IMG]

7. itsRANDELL

itsRANDELL GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Hercules,CA
    It could also be DSOrganize but that should only happen in the DSO folder if it is the cause.

8. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    omg, you didnt have to download the games all again.. Its called BACKING THEM UP TO YOUR PC.. [​IMG] Like Da_Head said.. Did u try to press select??

9. azngokuman
    OP

azngokuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    yeah now im backing all my files up into my computer and also saving the latest save files so i wont lost as much data if this somehow happens again. Oh yeah i tried pressing select but it didnt have the thing i was talking about, although it did make different things that showed like SAV files and stuff. Well thanks everyone [​IMG]

10. Theherolink_1

Theherolink_1 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2008
    United States
    That happened to me too way back....I had to delete everything...T_T