Hacking My PSP is bricked...

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, before you say "Serves you right!" - I want to make it clear that I never tried any custom firmware or downgrades or any other homebrew on my PSP. I followed the official updates and only played legal games. And BOOM, one day it just happened...

Now my question to you guys is, am I able to fix this brick myself without having to screw up my PSP (litterly) or blow any money on any hardware that will unbrick it?

I've followed various youtube links on how to do it, but I can't access any recovery screen or anything.

Help!
frown.gif
Thanks in advance to those kind souls who offer help.
I have the old (fat) model by the way.
yaypsp.gif

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't really researched that, mate. Is it possible to do on your own with just your PC/internet and PSP at disposal?

I heard you needed another PSP for it at least?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only thing you can do is use Pandora's Battery...

In this case having a CFW on PSP might have helped, as you could try to get into the Recovery Menu and recover your PSP... But seeing that your PSP was only running OFW, you need a Pandora's Battery and a Magic Stick.

There are a lot of guides out there, just search for them
smile.gif

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to make it clear that I never tried any custom firmware or downgrades or any other homebrew on my PSP. I followed the official updates and only played legal games.
Serves you right
rofl2.gif

Anyway, if you haven't downgraded it, just send it back to Sony and they should fix it...
Otherwise there's no way around the Pandora's battery...
If you don't know anyone else with a PSP, you can buy the Datel MAX Power TOOL for ~ $25:
http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-MAX...__EF000536.aspx

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it happen during an update and your psp is under warranty then you should send it to sony, my friend's psp bricked when he was updating his firmware (OFW) from the Marvel game UMD. The only alternatives I can think of are either finding a friend with a PSP that has CFW or buying the Datel Tool Battery (or any battery already using pandora), you can also look at this http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-pandora-discuss...elp-118833.html

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One of my friends has a regular PSP. I'm confused about this whole Pandora thing though.

Are we able to fix this problem with the following at disposal;
1) A bricked PSP (mine)
2) A friends PSP with ordinary firmware
3) PC/Internet
4) Cables that connects the PSP to the PC
...?

My apologies for perhaps sounding a little dumb.
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One of my friends has a regular PSP. I'm confused about this whole Pandora thing though.

Are we able to fix this problem with the following at disposal;
1) A bricked PSP (mine)
2) A friends PSP with ordinary firmware
3) PC/Internet
4) Cables that connects the PSP to the PC
...?
Yes, but ONLY if your friend's firmware is old enough, which is unlikely if he's not into the homebrew stuff...
It'd also take some work to downgrade your mate's PSP down to 1.5, install a custom firmware, create a Pandora's battery, unbrick your PSP and then convert the Pandora's battery back to a regular battery...
You're definitely better off just buying the Datel Tool, it's not that expensive and you'll never have to fear bricking your PSP again...much better than buying a new PSP, isn't it?
tongue.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read the readme file and here's a problem:

"- A PSP with a Custom Firmware such as OE, M33 or WC, or a PSP with
 the 1.5 original kernel."

so I guess that's not going to work.

No, it will work. You DO NOT need a PSP with custom firmware. Heck, you don't even need a PSP. You just need a spare battery, a 2GB or less memory stick pro duo, and a memory stick reader (or the PSP).

The battery can be made by popping open the battery case and clipping a leg off an IC. This ruins the battery for normal use, but it's a permanent Pandora. There are countless guides out there to do this sort of thing.

The memory stick is more difficult, but despite what you may read, you can make it without a PSP. The problem is that the files you need are illegal and aren't just publicly posted somewhere. You'll need the KD and Registry directories from a PSP's flash as well as msipl.bin. You might even be able to find an already-installed copy of Des Cem V4 that you can just copy over to a properly formatted (with mspsformat) memory stick.

Don't ask me to give files to you, either on here or in PMs because I will not.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Send me a battery and a mem stick and I will create what you need you pay shipping both ways, when you get it I will walk you through the process very easy. PM me if interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.