My psp crashes because of plugins.

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have psp 3004, i was using cfw 6.60 b and installed some iso games, there was no issues. Years later i found out there is 6.61 and I installed 6.61 and installed 6.61 cfw pro c2. And i installed some plugins. But when I launch a game it crashes or when I try to load a save data. And I disabled plugins one by one but nothing happend and I disabled all plugins and I tried to launch a game and load a save data and it fixed, it doesn’t crash anymore. And I enabled all plugins and it crashes again. Idk what to do. Someone help me please.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can think of to do is to make sure all plugins are in the right locations: pops, game, or vsh. pops is psx, game is psp, and vsh is system. I went through all mine a while back and fixed everything like overlap into txt files that they didn't need to be in.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1632856064646.png

1632856092990.png

1632856151631.png

I fixed the whole thing with plugins that work and enabled in the right txt files. I look at github for a few of them that were in between for game and vsh mostly. some go in both btw, so be aware of that.

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure all plugins are in the right locations
Im sure because I watched videos and searched before installing plugins ( I mean, I was sure all plugins were in the right location while installing) ,so im sure. I only installed 4 or 5 plugins. And lets say plugins are not in the right locations, how can I be sure that its in the right location? And should I delete the games and reinstall? Because some people said you can delete games and reinstall.

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure because I watched videos and searched before installing plugins ( I mean, I was sure all plugins were in the right location while installing) ,so im sure. I only installed 4 or 5 plugins. And lets say plugins are not in the right locations, how can I be sure that its in the right location? And should I delete the games and reinstall? Because some people said you can delete games and reinstall.
Always read included ReadMe.txt documents if you're not sure where to place certain plugins. But yeah- some of the older plugins simply haven't been updated yet to work proper with 6.61- in which case you either port them yourself or cross your fingers and wait for someone else to do it. Devs do this stuff on their own time and as far as I know most don't get paid to do the work. Just be patient B-)

In the meantime- what plugins are you guys currently using? In some cases it's all on the listing order of the plugins within the vsh/game/pops.txt files. For instance you should always place cxmb.prx as the first line in the list of your vsh.txt as the firmware loads the plugins recursively - and also the proper path placement for 6.61's cxmb is "ms0:/seplugins/cxmb/cxmb.prx" otherwise it doesn't load up. On a few previous firmwares though you could place it either there or in "ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx" - it all depends. (In some cases it's a bit of trial and error.)

Be careful on 3K, Go and Street models though. They can't be unbricked as easily as 1K/2K models.

Reactions: godreborn

PSPModz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do sincerely hope that when U switched from 6.60 to 6.61 that U also got rid of your 6.60 plugins and replaced them with 6.61 plugins?

Cadejn135

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
View attachment 277520

View attachment 277521

View attachment 277522

I fixed the whole thing with plugins that work and enabled in the right txt files. I look at github for a few of them that were in between for game and vsh mostly. some go in both btw, so be aware of that.
Hey, if you don't mind can you please upload your entire seplugins folder 😂🙂, new to cfw, having troubles, don't know much about this topic but I managed to get isos and minis,, I see u got very interesting plug-ins, so I would like them all, if. You can upload them and we can download them it would be perfect 😊😉

Cadejn135

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
View attachment 277520

View attachment 277521

View attachment 277522

Hey, if you don't mind can you please upload your entire seplugins folder 😂🙂, new to cfw, having troubles, don't know much about this topic but I managed to get isos and minis,, I see u got very interesting plug-ins, so I would like them all, if. You can upload them and we can download them it would be perfect 😊😉

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not complete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm