Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so this is what happened. Keep in mind I didn't know about the 3.56 bug where you're unable to upgrade the hard drive, at the time.

Anyway, I got a new HDD and I took the old one out of my Slim so that I can put it in my 40GB fat model for CFW purposes. After I did that, I formatted my Slim's HDD in the fat PS3. When I insert my new HDD into the PS3 Slim, it says that I have to reinstall FW 3.56 or higher. I downloaded 3.56 onto my USB stick and everything, but it says that the file or something is corrupted. I tried to place the Slim's old HDD back in but it goes back to the same screen about reinstalling 3.56. After a few hours of trying, I couldn't do anything. I looked around for a bit, and that's when I found out about the firmware bug.

Is there anything I can do about this before I send my Slim in to Sony? There's no warranty on it and I don't exactly have the cash right now.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ChaosBoi said:
Okay, so this is what happened. Keep in mind I didn't know about the 3.56 bug where you're unable to upgrade the hard drive, at the time.

Anyway, I got a new HDD and I took the old one out of my Slim so that I can put it in my 40GB fat model for CFW purposes. After I did that, I formatted my Slim's HDD in the fat PS3. When I insert my new HDD into the PS3 Slim, it says that I have to reinstall FW 3.56 or higher. I downloaded 3.56 onto my USB stick and everything, but it says that the file or something is corrupted. I tried to place the Slim's old HDD back in but it goes back to the same screen about reinstalling 3.56. After a few hours of trying, I couldn't do anything. I looked around for a bit, and that's when I found out about the firmware bug.

Is there anything I can do about this before I send my Slim in to Sony? There's no warranty on it and I don't exactly have the cash right now.

I heard they fixed the bug in 3.56 and reissued a new firmware are you sure you downloaded that latest firmware from
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/ and put your ps3 in recovery mode?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When was the fixed version released? The problem is that I'm not on it, which is why I'm getting errors with trying to reinstall the firmware. The last time I downloaded the OFW from the official site was on Friday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse