Hacking My PS3 keeps restarting during the "corrupted" screen infinitely.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was shutting down the PS3 today, the PS3 froze while quitting during a game and then it crashed. After the crash, I turned on the PS3 and I got the message that says that the PS3 was not shut down correctly and that the ps3 would check for corruption. Once I do it goes to the black screen where it checks for any corruption and it keeps resetting over and over again in the black screen that says that the ps3 will restart and fix the corruption. As if something causes the ps3 to restart while it is searching for the corruption.

My PS3 still works simply by saying ignoring the message when the ps3 checks for the corruption, but I am worried if that means that there is something wrong in my PS3 that the PS3 is not able to fix. what should I do? is this error normal.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not surees maybe your living in the countries with xtend repairs i now europ is 2 years but if bouhgt xtend warranties then mite be long?
I do not think that would work, I have cfw which automatically cancels warranty. I have rebug 4.81. I am wondering if I could fix this by switching to another firmware or something

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
When I was shutting down the PS3 today, the PS3 froze while quitting during a game and then it crashed. After the crash, I turned on the PS3 and I got the message that says that the PS3 was not shut down correctly and that the ps3 would check for corruption. Once I do it goes to the black screen where it checks for any corruption and it keeps resetting over and over again in the black screen that says that the ps3 will restart and fix the corruption. As if something causes the ps3 to restart while it is searching for the corruption.

My PS3 still works simply by saying ignoring the message when the ps3 checks for the corruption, but I am worried if that means that there is something wrong in my PS3 that the PS3 is not able to fix. what should I do? is this error normal.
Sounds to me like you have some kind of file/hdd corruption that the file restore function isn't agree with. If you can't get it to work properly, I would at least try reinstalling CFW again, starting with a freshly formatted hdd. If the problem still persists, then you can start thinking of it as some kind of hardware related issue.

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had it happen recently by having to hold the power button for 30 seconds to power the console off and getting the corruption message. I just reinstalled the same rebug cfw and it fixed it. I also rebuilt the database.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do as mentioned above. If the system is booting fine you don't have any "corruption" it's just having a strange issue with scanning the drive. See the only reason this is troubling is that may indicate a potentially failing hard drive. It's hard to be sure without hooking it to a computer and testing it.... either way if the problem disappears after doing as mentioned I would recommend you try backing everything up before formatting the hard drive on a PC and using whatever you would typically use to check your drive. There are a range of tools for a variety of Operating systems pick your poison. If the drive checks out restore your PS3 and see if the issue persists. If it does try a new drive all together. If after that you still have an issue seek further help.

And if you do have some kind of corruption it'd likely be in an app/game you were running at the time of the crash. In short if formatting doesn't solve it the drive is likely toast. Just be sure to backup your game saves and purchased games/licenses and any other media you have installed before the format.

Last edited by mikey420,

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
I do not think that would work, I have cfw which automatically cancels warranty. I have rebug 4.81. I am wondering if I could fix this by switching to another firmware or something
if youre formats mmc with the nondhard mods and delete partytition system tabel of the inside hdd yu can remov traces of cwf and send sonys?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM