Hardware My poor GBA sp...

xerces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of y'all know how fond of my GB micro I am. Noones heard the story of one of my two GBA SP's.

Its had a rough life.

I bought it back in 10th grade (2 years ago) from a kid at school for $5. Its case was horribly scratched, so I decided I'd paint it.

Of course, I only painted the top part, on the outside and did it badly. I sanded it and painted it white. It looked... bad. To say the least.

So I lend it to my cousin, who leaves it laying around. Surely enough, his little sister gets a hold of it, puts stickers all over it. It took me nearly a month to get clean and get all the stickers off. It STILL has sticker residue on it.

So it gets put in a box, in pieces from being taken apart and cleaned. (this is a year later).

I found it recently (yesterday). I put it back together, and sure enough, it still had a full charge. I let the battery drain, charged it up and it works great. The case is scratched to hell and the white paint looking bad as ever from the sticker residue (and the process of of removing said stickers + residue), today I decided i'd try my hand at repainting it again. This time I did it up in black. It looks decent, although the little Nintendo logo is gone (was long gone. fell off quite some time ago).

I might go on dealextreme.com and buy the black and blue housings and mix them. Blue body with black screen sounds pretty badass. Pretty much what I tried to accomplish but failed so badly at.

Might put pics up if I feel like it later.

xerces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
Uh, wow. My GBA SP is pretty messed up too, maybe I should get one of those replacement housings.
at that price, if you know what you're doing, how can you not?
Shit, at that price, pick up a spare battery.

Just make sure you got that special screw driver. I did mine with a eyeglasses screwdriver and had a hell of a time.

xerces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
What happened to the second SP? We only heard the story of one.
It is a red GBA SP that kinda got phased out when I got my micro. It still works great but has more than fair share of scratches.
Nothing exciting. I generally try to keep my electronics pretty clean and in working order.

xerces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Ooh. document the casemoding and put it one Instructables or something. There isn't enough info aboutcasemodding the older handhelds.
I'll be sure.
I've never done a case mod before and I am quite nervous to do so.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As for my GBA micro... It got stolen... DAMN YOU SOCIETY!!
I could have done an instructable on GBA micro theft attraction...
*walks away sadly after no-one understood his joke, covered in tomatos he shouts out "DAMN YOU SOCIETY!, only to get a well-aimed tomato to the mouth*
Rather graphic...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doesn't GBAtemp consist of those types of newcomers? :unsure: