Gaming my pokemon walker got a rainbow hue

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
a friend of mine found a boxed heart gold in her attic and gave me as a gift (it was a forgotten Christmas gift back when she played pokemon)
it was a really cool gift, i didn't had a pokewalker and was missing heart gold from my collection..
this thing was forgotten on an attic for years the outside i can notice the paper aged
however the pokewalker was still wrapped in his plastic wrap thing and didn't look humid or anything

however when i was trying with the pokewalker i noticed the lcd had a rainbow hue that can be noticed with reflection
should i be worried that the lcd is dying, or is there a fix to this "issue" ?

IMAG0420_1.jpg
(click for zoom)

also, i didn't tried to take it on a walk yet, however i tried to shaking it to count steps, while i was shaking it didn't count any but when i stopped shaking it counted steps for a few seconds after i stop. not sure if this is a normal behavior

Last edited by migles,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
those hues can be normal if it was left in a hot environment for a long time, its nothing to get worried about. it'll definitely hold long enough for you to get bored with it ;)

the counting too. the pokewalker will always start counting a bit after you start moving it and its somewhat picky about what it counts and what it doesnt.

irregardless, it ends up being very accurate if you actually use it to count real steps for a few minutes.

Reactions: Ryccardo and migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
those hues can be normal if it was left in a hot environment for a long time, its nothing to get worried about. it'll definitely hold long enough for you to get bored with it ;)

the counting too. the pokewalker will always start counting a bit after you start moving it and its somewhat picky about what it counts and what it doesnt.

irregardless, it ends up being very accurate if you actually use it to count real steps for a few minutes.
thank you, for the explanation now that you mentioned the attic was hot when i picked it up.. and i think my friend mentioned it was always like that..
is there a way to reverse it? like putting it the freezer or something?
i understand it's nothing to worry about but it kinda bothers me to see it xD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you, for the explanation now that you mentioned the attic was hot when i picked it up.. and i think my friend mentioned it was always like that..
is there a way to reverse it? like putting it the freezer or something?
i understand it's nothing to worry about but it kinda bothers me to see it xD
i wouldn't think so. it may or may not be a thin film of oil used to clean/polish the screens during production that would require disassembly to be able to clean.you'll get used to it.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You really shouldn't worry about it, it's a normal glare of the screen lens. I have also rainbow glare even if I never left pokewalker on the sun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: