My Pokemon Speculations

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just my ramblings and my thoughts about what I've seen and read so none of this is true, pure speculations on my part.

to-the-conquering-of-space-time--1.jpg
Well, most of you know that they are creating a new Pokemon movie in Japan that's due in July titled Pocket Monsters The Movie: Arceus - To the Conquering of Space-Time. Of course, it is to debut the "Ultimate Ledgendary Pokemon" Arceus, the debut of Heatran, and the return of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Of course, that hints nothing to my ramblings but this next poster does.

to-the-conquering-of-space-time-arc.jpg
In the poster, you can of course, see the confirmation of Heatran. But what surprises me the most is that Pichu, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita are in the movie which gives me the thought "Why are these Pokemon, all from the Johto region, appearing in this movie?" Now if some of you watched the previous movie, the one with Shaymin, think back. Giratina and Shaymin debut in it, Giratina getting its own game, Pocket Monsters Platinum and Shaymin getting Sky Form with it being given out at a Nintendo event. On top of that, Arceus and Heatran were confirmed to be given out to coincide with the movie in Japan, so I don't think they would make another game based on this.

So again, I ask myself "Why are these Pokemon, all from the Johto region, appearing in this movie?" They have little to no importance, especially since you can easily find/trade these Pokemon with a friend or over Wi-Fi. This is just what I think, but I think this is foreshadowing a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal. This may be just blasphemy on my part but this is what I believe but I would love to be proved wrong. It's just what I think and I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just look at the Pokemon back catalog and thats evidence enough. Of course Silver/ Gold are being remade. They did it last gen and they'll do it this gen. Its easy money. And the poster is even more evidence.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is strange, figured they would have used the newer generation, Although Those pokemon are some of the most popular.

Lastly, a gold/silver remake isnt bad at all. IMO Gold/Silver were the last good game. Blue,Red being the best.

Plus who doesn't love Totodile.
tongue.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
That is strange, figured they would have used the newer generation, Although Those pokemon are some of the most popular.

Lastly, a gold/silver remake isnt bad at all. IMO Gold/Silver were the last good game. Blue,Red being the best.

Plus who doesn't love Totodile.
tongue.gif
I know it isn't bad at all. In fact, Gold/Silver/Crystal were my all time favorite Pokemon games of all time. The Pokemon on there were awesome, gameplay was awesome, the story is just plain brilliant, adding a rival that's like a villain character as well. I absolutely hope they do make a remake for it but Nintendo tends not to listen to the fans so I don't really get my hopes up but with this evidence, it only really points in one direction.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice, Gold/Silver was probably the Pokémon game I enjoyed the most.

I found D/P to be totally unplayable because of the general "slowness" feeling those games gave me. I hope they're gonna improve the graphic engine to give it a more "smooth" feel like the GBA ones.

If they do, I'm gonna play it for sure, even if just for the nostalgia factor
smile.gif

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I think this could be true and would be awesome.

But, I was also thinking, do you guys think there will be a next generation pokemon game (with new pokemons)? I mean, Arceus is like the pokémon GOD, and I can't think of other legendaries coming after this (but who knows, japanese guys can create whatever they want
biggrin.gif
)

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What are you saying?! It would suck for you to be proved wrong.
frown.gif

I've been waiting for a G/S remake since FR/LG, but I had no idea all those johto pokemon were going to be in the new movie. (BTW, I'm watching Giratina & The Sky Warrior at the moment, so good timing to link this on IRC
laugh.gif
)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Having a crystal remake would be awesome

IMO Crystal was the best, if Safari Zone is open then it's perfect. You can go to 2 regions, still original with many fresh ideas, and fast (admit it, D/P is too fucking SLOW! be it in worldmap and in battle, too many unnecessary animations), and the most important add on is the pokemons actually got more than 2 frames. Combine the speed and story of Crystal with the graphics of Platinum, it would be a blast!

But blasted Nintendo just won't do that, it's quality or performance
mad.gif

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I read in the official Pokemon.com fanmail that they said making a remake would be pointless as you can already catch all of Johto region's pokemon already. Lemme see if I can find it.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This was exactly what i thought after i saw the 3 Jhoto starters in the Movie. It would be awesome to have a G/S/C remake but it probably won't happen. But then again why would they bring the starters into the Movie in the first place?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
G/S/C remake would be so fucking awesomI'd love to chase after those legendary dogs again,
Looking forward to saturdays for that bug catching contest etc etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr