My Pikmin Themed Portable Wii

Ginger OfOZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is a portable Wii I built that uses original Wii hardware, so that everything runs at full speed and there's no emulation.

20190624_211950.jpg

20190624_194441.jpg

The Wii was homebrewed with a program called Portablizemii, which is designed for making handhelds like this.
20190624_212122.jpg

I named this portable The Louii after Louie from the Pikmin series.

The system gets 5 hours and 15 minutes of battery life when playing GameCube games. Let me know if you have any questions for me!

Ginger OfOZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys!
No D-Pad though. Otherwise, excellent job :)
Can u make one for meh?

I do take commissions but they're super expensive. I'm also tweaking the design to encorporate a more standard dpad, but I'm a fan of the Switch dpad for everything that isn't a 2D Mario game

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, really great design. Pikmin 2 is one of my all time favs.

I always wanted to ask, how does one design a case for something like this? How do you get it to fit everything precisely, i.e. screen, battery, buttons, etc.
What battery do you use?

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Thanks guys!

I do take commissions but they're super expensive. I'm also tweaking the design to encorporate a more standard dpad, but I'm a fan of the Switch dpad for everything that isn't a 2D Mario game
How much would a commission cost with a standard shell?

Ginger OfOZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, really great design. Pikmin 2 is one of my all time favs.

I always wanted to ask, how does one design a case for something like this? How do you get it to fit everything precisely, i.e. screen, battery, buttons, etc.
What battery do you use?

I design and 3D print my own cases. I just start by measuring everything I've got, model those parts, and then model a case around those parts. Most people in this hobby use Fusion 360, as it's pretty easy to pick up. For the batteries, I use 18650s because they are hard to blow up, and thanks to the vape nation are cheap and last a long time.

How much would a commission cost with a standard shell?

If by standard shell you mean just the raw 3D print, $900. Parts are expensive and there are a lot of hours of work that go into it, even if I don't have to troubleshoot anything.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol