My Personaly Mess, 2 cards, 1 M3DS Real, All up in flames

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Trickybomb, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Trickybomb
    OP

Newcomer Trickybomb Newbie

United States
    I've been lurking the forums, since I do not really understand everything, I try not to get in the way @.@

I have updated my 2 GB Micro SD card to TouchPod 4.3a since I haven't done that in a while.

All works well at start. I load and play a game, heck it played perfectly.

I reboot the DS to load cheats, but it gets stuck on a Loading screen.

I format the MicroSD like i've done countless times in my "First Steps To Fixing things" steps.

But! instead of completing the format, it hangs at ALMOST complete. Pressing cancel to try and safely abort the operation. Things all lit on fire.

I get a 1GB Micro SD card and load 4.3a onto it, but doesn't even get past a black screen.....
    Loaded the Latest M3 Sakura onto it, failed worse.....

Now i'm stuck with 1 Useless 2 GB Micro SD card, a Possible broken M3 DS Real, and a possible broken 1 GB Micro SD card @.@

I did search to see if this was anyone else's problem, I did not find one that related to my problem. If there was one already made, I am sorry.

I did use the T-Flash reader that came with the M3 DS for the first (2GB) card. I only used a MicroSD to SD adapter for the 1 GB.

Any ideas, or suggestions are welcome. I would like to know if i did anything incorrect, that might have caused this problem.

2. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
  3. Trickybomb
    OP

United States
    I found that someone used that formatter to format cards, so I tried it.

It makes progress.. but not by much....

I reformatted the card, With Full(Erase ON). and now it says it just like the day i took the M3 out of its packaging, put into the DS, and discovered I need to load firmware onto the card.

No firmware is working, and M3 Sakura just shows the Dual Boot screen with Static Lines blaring across the screen. No matter what i choose, it just freezes. (Ironically, the top screen is white, the bottom is black. IN ALL CASES T.T Even the old SYSTEM firmware i used to use, and it never had trouble.)

4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Try using the triple booter (in my sig) and use iTouch. I've heard the T-Flash readers packaged with the M3 Reals suck (but I got a high quality one which ozmodchips packaged put in extra for me), so try and get another one. Check how full your card is, because when using Touchpod you need a good 100-200mb of space to get decent loading times. I also would advise you get a 4gb or more microSD, I myself have a 4gb Class 2 Sandisk microSDHC which runs smoothly and perfect on games like PoR and GTA: CW.

5. Trickybomb
    OP

United States
    While the M3 DS Real does come with a T-Flash reader, it does truly suck >.> it keeps killing itself now.
    So I use my computer's built in Media port and a MicroSD to SD card adapter.

Also apperantly the files come in Read-Only format by standard for me. By unchecking that box i can at least get to language select. Until I select a language... then it crashes.

I am REFORMATTING the card between each try @.@ This is getting out of hand....

6. Trickybomb
    OP

United States
    iTouch boot : Dual White Screens from start.

Sakura Boot : Stuck on first screen with M3DS Real logo in bottom right corner.

M3 TouchPod boot : Actually MADE IT to the selection screen. Will try games in a moment.

Edit:
    Now that TouchPod loaded successfully once, Sakura boot works O.o!?!?! What the heck is going on here @.@

Sakura Game : Works

TouchPod Game : Works

iTouch : System Files Not Found O.o (lol)

Edit 2 :

Nevermind, after the iTouch launch, everything started to fail again... I can't even load TouchPod.........

7. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Probably paper shim needed.

I have several M3 cards, sometimes they would load, other times start then go to 2 black screens (latest Sakura) if the DS got tapped when playing it would lock up.

Took the M3 apart, put a small piecs of thin card at the bottom (behind contacts to push them forward) No more issues.

It may just be me but I find the new side loading M3's even more troublesome than the old ones, nearly every one needs the shim trick to work faultlessly.

8. Trickybomb
    OP

United States
    Seriously?!?!

You mean i could have avoided formatting 4 hours of my life away with just a piece of paper!? @.@

I'll try that tomorrow @.@ I want to try a few more things first... Gotta make sure i cover all bases before i start ripping it apart xD

Edit:

Complete and utter crashing begins when i change the position of how I hold the DS Lite......

Works once again after it cools, until i move the DS again....

Ok where is my handicraft kit? >.>