my pc is fu**ed

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by thegame07, Mar 7, 2007.

Mar 7, 2007

my pc is fu**ed by thegame07 at 3:59 AM (1,977 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. thegame07
    OP

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well this morning i turned on my pc it was loading up fine then all of a sudden it just cut off and a error (blue background) came up on screen saying reset your bios or something( i could not read it all because it cut off [​IMG] does this sound major im a asuming i have to lose all my sstuff on my pc [​IMG] Now am stuck using a shit computer :'( Well the only thing im worried about is losing my stuff i have a lot of friends who will be able to fix it but they cant come over untill next week [​IMG] thanks in advance.

Oh sh** forgot to add when i turn on the pc the lights come on but nothign shows up on screen.

2. cheesyPOOF5

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you tried starting in safe mode? If you can use that to back up al your stuff then reformat.

3. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    cant even get into safe mode :'(

4. Takaishi

Newcomer Takaishi Advanced Member

Mexico
    try installing windows without formatting on another location c:\winxp or something like that , then you can backup your files and format the disc

5. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for the advice. Now i just have to find that dam windows disc [​IMG]

6. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    If you have two or more sticks of ram, remove the one on the far rught, and keep rebooting. Remember to always keep a stick in the far left(first) ram slot in order to boot.

7. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks. i will try your tip first thing in the morning 418am here in the morning i dont want to end up smashing it with frustration [​IMG] has anybody else Expiranced the pc telling them to reset the bios.

8. living-ghost

Newcomer living-ghost Advanced Member

Canada
    Does it blue screen while loading windows or before that?

If it blue screens at windows then the RAM thing (although a good idea) may not solve anything.

My personal favourite for problems such as these is a live CD.

Go to www.knoppix.net download (or torrent) the image, burn it and have the computer boot from it.

You get a full graphical interface and full read access to the hard drive and all your data. From there you just upload everything you need to keep another computer over the network.

9. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    when the error first happend windows loaded first but the pc turns on and nothing comes up now [​IMG] thanks for the help your seem to know what your talking about. thanks for the suggestions all i really apricate it. i wihs i had the knowledge to fix pcs when they stop working like you guys [​IMG]

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Does it make beepings at you when you turn it on? If so, how many beeps, and are they long beeps or short beeps?

11. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    nope no beeps.

12. Flozem

Member Flozem GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    So you can't get your pc to boot at all.

I once had something similar - making me think my 5 year-old pc was finally due for replacement.

It turned out the pc memory was somehow overclocked in the bios. My Asus mainboard built-in safety precautions then wouldn't let the pc boot. So I took the manual from the main board, looked for which jumper is the bios reset (or was it turning on jumper free mode for the entire board and cpu memory frequency - can't remember).

After resetting the bios, I set the bios memory overclocking to default (dram to cpu frequency and cpu frequency in the advanced settings for my bios). This let me boot my pc again.

Come to think of it, maybe my mainboard circuits for the jumpers set by the manufacturer were worn out and could be bypassed using the jumperfree settings... Who knows - lol

13. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom

i can see im going to be busy tommorow. Im going to try the ram idea first them move on to the harder solutions. thanks for the feedback

14. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    If youc ant find the jumper to clear your CMOS (BIOS settings) just remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace it.

The idea behind removing the ram is to test to see if one of them is a bad stick. I friend of mine had the same problem. Windows wouldn't boot, gave me a BSOD at log in. I removed one stick of RAM and it worked fine.

15. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    One of my friends had a similar problem, and it turned out that one of the dimms had come unseated. Removing and re-inserting them fixed the problem. His PC gave a POST beep code though, which is why I asked about the beeping.

16. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    dam i wish i had beeping noises. thanks for your help destructobot

17. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    When I used to fix computers for the thrift shop, I'd unseat and re-seat every card and every stick of ram before doing anything else. Of course I worked on dinosaurs that had been sitting in attics/garages for weeks/months.
    Bad ram was very often the culprit.
    Oh, and take a look and see if you're internal speaker is unhooked from the motherboard. Maybe that's why no beeps.

18. thegame07
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have tried all the thing you suggested. still no luck, I also tried the ram method that was mentioned before. Thanks mthrnite for the help. Well im off to try other suggestions then i will post back thanks all.

19. DEF-

Member DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Couldnt understand you fully, but i'll give a few tips that might help:

1. Do a CMOS reset (battery reset). Can be done in different ways. Any easy way that works most of the time is to unplugg the powercord that goes into your computers power supply and press the power button on your computer a few times. Then connect your powercord again. If this doesnt reset it, try removing the battery with your powercord unplugged.
    2. If you can't even get into the bios I suggest that you open up your PC, and remove EVERYTHING except your power supply, motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler, graphics card and RAM (only leave one RAM stick in). You can also try to unplugg the harddrives first, before you start to remove cards.
    3. If it still doesnt work, remove both RAM sticks.
    4. If it still doesnt work, try to test with another power supply, graphicscard, cpu or motherboard. This way you will know for sure whats wrong.

20. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    u mean BUY 1? [​IMG]