my pc is fu**ed

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this morning i turned on my pc it was loading up fine then all of a sudden it just cut off and a error (blue background) came up on screen saying reset your bios or something( i could not read it all because it cut off
blink.gif
does this sound major im a asuming i have to lose all my sstuff on my pc
cry.gif
Now am stuck using a shit computer :'( Well the only thing im worried about is losing my stuff i have a lot of friends who will be able to fix it but they cant come over untill next week
nyanya.gif
thanks in advance.

Oh sh** forgot to add when i turn on the pc the lights come on but nothign shows up on screen.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have two or more sticks of ram, remove the one on the far rught, and keep rebooting. Remember to always keep a stick in the far left(first) ram slot in order to boot.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have two or more sticks of ram, remove the one on the far rught, and keep rebooting. Remember to always keep a stick in the far left(first) ram slot in order to boot.

thanks. i will try your tip first thing in the morning 418am here in the morning i dont want to end up smashing it with frustration
laugh.gif
has anybody else Expiranced the pc telling them to reset the bios.

living-ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does it blue screen while loading windows or before that?

If it blue screens at windows then the RAM thing (although a good idea) may not solve anything.

My personal favourite for problems such as these is a live CD.

Go to www.knoppix.net download (or torrent) the image, burn it and have the computer boot from it.

You get a full graphical interface and full read access to the hard drive and all your data. From there you just upload everything you need to keep another computer over the network.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when the error first happend windows loaded first but the pc turns on and nothing comes up now
tongue.gif
thanks for the help your seem to know what your talking about. thanks for the suggestions all i really apricate it. i wihs i had the knowledge to fix pcs when they stop working like you guys
laugh.gif

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you can't get your pc to boot at all.

I once had something similar - making me think my 5 year-old pc was finally due for replacement.

It turned out the pc memory was somehow overclocked in the bios. My Asus mainboard built-in safety precautions then wouldn't let the pc boot. So I took the manual from the main board, looked for which jumper is the bios reset (or was it turning on jumper free mode for the entire board and cpu memory frequency - can't remember).

After resetting the bios, I set the bios memory overclocking to default (dram to cpu frequency and cpu frequency in the advanced settings for my bios). This let me boot my pc again.

Come to think of it, maybe my mainboard circuits for the jumpers set by the manufacturer were worn out and could be bypassed using the jumperfree settings... Who knows - lol

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you can't get your pc to boot at all.

I once had something similar - making me think my 5 year-old pc was finally due for replacement.

It turned out the pc memory was somehow overclocked in the bios. My Asus mainboard built-in safety precautions then wouldn't let the pc boot. So I took the manual from the main board, looked for which jumper is the bios reset. After resetting the bios, I set the bios memory overclocking to default (nothing - dunno the exact setting). This let me boot my pc again.

i can see im going to be busy tommorow. Im going to try the ram idea first them move on to the harder solutions. thanks for the feedback

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If youc ant find the jumper to clear your CMOS (BIOS settings) just remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace it.

The idea behind removing the ram is to test to see if one of them is a bad stick. I friend of mine had the same problem. Windows wouldn't boot, gave me a BSOD at log in. I removed one stick of RAM and it worked fine.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of my friends had a similar problem, and it turned out that one of the dimms had come unseated. Removing and re-inserting them fixed the problem. His PC gave a POST beep code though, which is why I asked about the beeping.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
When I used to fix computers for the thrift shop, I'd unseat and re-seat every card and every stick of ram before doing anything else. Of course I worked on dinosaurs that had been sitting in attics/garages for weeks/months.
Bad ram was very often the culprit.
Oh, and take a look and see if you're internal speaker is unhooked from the motherboard. Maybe that's why no beeps.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I used to fix computers for the thrift shop, I'd unseat and re-seat every card and every stick of ram before doing anything else. Of course I worked on dinosaurs that had been sitting in attics/garages for weeks/months.
Bad ram was very often the culprit.
Oh, and take a look and see if you're internal speaker is unhooked from the motherboard. Maybe that's why no beeps.

i have tried all the thing you suggested. still no luck, I also tried the ram method that was mentioned before. Thanks mthrnite for the help. Well im off to try other suggestions then i will post back thanks all.

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Couldnt understand you fully, but i'll give a few tips that might help:

1. Do a CMOS reset (battery reset). Can be done in different ways. Any easy way that works most of the time is to unplugg the powercord that goes into your computers power supply and press the power button on your computer a few times. Then connect your powercord again. If this doesnt reset it, try removing the battery with your powercord unplugged.
2. If you can't even get into the bios I suggest that you open up your PC, and remove EVERYTHING except your power supply, motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler, graphics card and RAM (only leave one RAM stick in). You can also try to unplugg the harddrives first, before you start to remove cards.
3. If it still doesnt work, remove both RAM sticks.
4. If it still doesnt work, try to test with another power supply, graphicscard, cpu or motherboard. This way you will know for sure whats wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA