Hacking Question My PC doesn't detect my Nintendo Switch in RCM mode as APX device

ndahai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested installing TegraRCMGui drivers and using Zadig but TegraRCM cannot detect it.
upload_2018-7-20_13-39-49.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I recommend using TegraRCMSmash as it has less issues but the same efficacy when it comes to usage. Secondly, did you follow the following steps properly?
  1. Get your Switch into RCM mode and plug it into your Windows PC. It should show up somewhere (like Device manager) as "APX"
  2. Download and run Zadig driver installer from https://zadig.akeo.ie/
  3. From the device list, choose APX (if it's not showing up in the list, go to Options menu and check List All Devices)
  4. For the driver type, cycle the arrows until you see libusbK (v3.0.7.0) in the text box (IMPORTANT!)
  5. Click the big Install Driver button. Device manager should now show "APX" under libusbK USB Devices tree item.
Step 4 in particular is important as Zadig won't default to libusbK. You have to manually scroll down to it.

If you have followed all of these steps and it is still not being detected, try plugging it into different USB ports (and reinstalling the drivers for each of those ports) or into another computer(s)

ndahai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested with all my ports (I only have 1 USB 3.0) and reinstalled my drivers like 2 times, I tested on Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need USB 3.0, TegraRCMSmash supports USB 2.0. Anyways, I faced this similar problem myself and I pretty much did what I said in the last sentence to get it to detect after several failed attempts. It just magically worked. My PC is running Windows 7. I can't think of any other solutions outside of posting in the original release thread or messaging the creator of TegraRCMSmash, rajkosto.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
happen to me either , i changed the usb cable and also desinstall the installed driver and reinstall it ,also i plug/unplug the usb c from my switch and it worked , i was surprised.
but now i have the exfat driver

Billbuscus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm assuming you did considering you stopped posting.

For anyone who has this problem while using AutoRCM and libusbK and is looking for a quick solution this is what worked for me.

First try holding the power button for 12+ seconds then wait another 12+ seconds, now plug in your Switch to the PC.

If that doesn't fix it go into Device Manager with your Switch plugged into the PC, find "Nintendo Switch APX Mode" under "libusbK USB Devices", right click, select "Uninstall Device"...then go to TegraRcmGUI under the settings tab and click "Install Driver"...Unplug from PC, hold the Switch power button for 12+ seconds just to be sure it's at least 12 (or time it accurately somehow) Now after plugging the Switch back in it should work like a charm.

I'm not sure if it was reinstalling the driver AND holding the power button for 12+ seconds but I do know after removing the device and reinstalling the driver, TegraRcmGUI still didn't detect it until I unplugged the Switch & did the power off/"reset" thing. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.

lelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same problem, installed Hekate, then AutoRCM, backed up the NAND. Rebooted the device and now no longer can be detected in RCM mode. I tried everything you mentioned, good detail by the way ;) One unusual issue, when I plug/unplug the switch I get a Windows device sound, so I know Windows is detecting it on the usb port (tried different usb ports as well) but the libusbK USB Devices is not displayed in Device Manager. It was once... and I deleted the driver, but now it will not display. I have reinstalled the Driver from TegraRcmGUI_v2.4_portable many times. Tried holding the power button for 12+ seconds, it turns off. Tried many times to press the volume up and power button for 12+ seconds, the screen goes black, but the driver is not detected. This worked perfectly last night :(
Any suggestions? What I would like to do is manually install the driver using Zadig but the APX driver is NOT displayed!, after hitting "List All Devices" So I can't manually install it

Last edited by lelton,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem, installed Hekate, then AutoRCM, backed up the NAND. Rebooted the device and now no longer can be detected in RCM mode. I tried everything you mentioned, good detail by the way ;) One unusual issue, when I plug/unplug the switch I get a Windows device sound, so I know Windows is detecting it on the usb port (tried different usb ports as well) but the libusbK USB Devices is not displayed in Device Manager. I was once... and I deleted the driver, but now it will not display. I have reinstalled the Driver from TegraRcmGUI_v2.4_portable many times. Tried holding the power button for 12+ seconds, it turns off. Tried many times to press the volume up and power button for 12+ seconds, the screen goes black, but the driver is not detected. This worked perfectly last night :(
Any suggestions? What I would like to do is manually install the driver using Zadig but the APX driver is NOT displayed!, after hitting "List All Devices" So I can't manually install it

Did you try installing the driver from the gui itself? Settings > install driver.

lelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try installing the driver from the gui itself? Settings > install driver.
I have, a number of times. Also each time I try installing the driver it states just before installing the driver "APX Device driver is missing. Do you want to install it now?" . This worked perfectly just last night so I assume it's a software issue. Could it be an issue with Hekate and AutoRCM?

Last edited by lelton,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure sounds like some sort of computer issue that I'm not smart enough to solve. Do you have another computer? If all else fails you could also get a type c to type c cable and do it through your android phone if you have one.

lelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure sounds like some sort of computer issue that I'm not smart enough to solve. Do you have another computer? If all else fails you could also get a type c to type c cable and do it through your android phone if you have one.
Hum, I tried the Web Fusée Launcher in Chrome but it would say, No Usb Device Detected. I could try another computer. My phone is an IPhone. What about reinsilizing the Switch, do you think that would help?

Last edited by lelton,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you and the OP using TegraRCM Portable instead of TegraRCM GUI? Unless they're the same thing, that may be your issues. I just know mine doesn't say portable. It says TegraRCMGUI 2.4.

lelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you and the OP using TegraRCM Portable instead of TegraRCM GUI? Unless they're the same thing, that may be your issues. I just know mine doesn't say portable. It says TegraRCMGUI 2.4.
Yes, I have tried both the msi installed version of TegraRCM and the Portable version, both seem to have the same problem :( I think I will try a new cable as recommended. I also might try Web Fusée Launcher on a Chromebook.

lelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found the issue, needed to take out the jig and lift the pins a bit, then reinsert into right side and push paperclip wires down hard. Also, you need to press both the + and power button for 12+ whole seconds from an off switch. There should be no Nintendo flash on the screen when going into RCM mode, and you should hear windows sounds of the device attaching and detaching from Windows, wait the 12+ seconds. Then... it's in RCM mode

Last edited by lelton,

fiqabumm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ok i am having trouble with this. my pc dosent detect my switch. but when in rcm mode it does and i followed the steps i installed the driver but still no luck. nut server still says usb disconnected.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know... tegrasmash and tegrasmashgui are the same thing. The gui is just a front end for the back end code. I dont know why people suggest using one over the other. They're the same thing just different presentations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: