First of all small background. I once had a working Menuhax with ReiNAND and an EmuNAND (11.3E) on my N3DSXL 9.2 (European) but at some point games stopped launching on the system. I am talking about legit cartridge games here. The system kept saying "An Error Occurred" with no code or anything and rebooted. I tried going through the whole EmuNAND setup again but it still gave me that message. So I put the 3DS aside for a while until I heard of the new B9 way of hacking the 3DS. After some research I went to 3ds.guide and went through the hacking process using soundhax, godmode9 and Luma3DS. Which worked great. Now I ran into the error you see in the image. AR Game and CIAs like FBI, SysDowngrader, Anemone3DS etc. are completely fine but my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate cartridge or even the Homebrew Launcher CIA throw this error. Error Image ------------------ An error occurred (ErrDisp) Error type: generic Process ID: 40 Process name: nfc Process title ID 0x0004013000004002 Adress: 0x001005b4 Error code: 0xf9617590 ------------------ Process ID is not always the same I have seen others like 41, 43, 46 etc. Things causing this error: (that I've tested) launching Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate from cartridge launching Friendlist launching Mii Lobby launching Homebrew Launcher launching EShop connection test after creating a new connection on connection failure in System Settings Things NOT causing this error (that I've tested): launching a NintendoDS cartridge (Metroid Prime: Hunters) launching AR Games launching DS Download Game launching Browser launching Mii Maker launching Settings launching FBI launching Nintendo 3DS Sound launching Nintendo 3DS Camera My setup is New 3DSXL European on 11.5.0-38E with Luma3DS and godmode9. As far as I could tell it is a problem with the NFC module, but I didn't know where to start debugging so I went to the Nintendo Homebrew Discord (discord.gg/C29hYvh) and asked for help. Huge thanks to the user ihaveahax (I think he is called ihaveamac here in the forums) for helping me there. I am documenting the process here so others can benefit from my issue. As you can see the error occurs in a title with the ID 0004013000004002, however New3DS system titles normally have a 2 instead of a 0 as their 9th (counting from left to right) hex-value so the title on New3DS should look like this: 0004013020004002 instead of this: 0004013000004002 After trying to find the title causing this error in FBI's title list we found that the title was missing! The title for New3DS (0004013020004002) was there but the one the 3DS was trying to launch (0004013000004002) was not. I was then sent a CIA containing the Old3DS' NFC title that has the suiting TitleID (I am probably not allowed to link it here but here is the SHA1: E799CEF15A768F33C261BDB9C2E7847511813288). After installing that CIA games were launching normally again! Now hold on though before you jump for joy, I should tell you why this is a workaround and not a fix: 1. The 3DS always thinks there is a software update. I think this is because we installed a new system title and now it thinks the system software was "changed". Now this by itself is not that bad right? We can just dismiss this notice. But that causes new issues. 2. You can't access EShop anymore. Because EShop won't launch if the 3DS thinks there is a software update and uninstalling the old3DS nfc title will break EShop again. You see the issue? 3. You can't update games anymore. If EShop doesn't work we can't use normal game updates either. You still can update if you find the updates' CIA files but those are quite hard to find sometimes. Also, if you have a friend with the same game he can download and dump them for you. 4. I'm sure there is other broken things. I am pretty sure I didn't fix the root cause for this issue and that root cause might have other side effects. My 3DS still randomly crashes when I try to turn it off, for example. I hope I could help some people. Sadly I did not find the original cause for this issue. I also tried doing a CTRtransfer with one of the default images on the 3ds.guide page but that did not fix the issue either. Maybe some devs can look at this and find what is causing this issue. P.S.: After fixing this I still had another issue where I could not accept the EULA to go online (Games said: "this service is not available in your region"), but there are plenty of tutorials and solution threads where you can find the solution to that particular issue. EDIT: Clarified the missing title ID.