Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:
Can I get an explanation of what you mean by demonic? My baby sitter told me the same many years ago about Digimon.... I had those digivices and shook em like crazy. Explained to her what Digimon stood for (Digital Monsters) and what the show is about and how the toy works. She called em demonic and never to bring 'em in her house ever again.....

Of course I brought it every single day after until the batteries gave out.

To this day I don't know what this really means. Please explain!
wacko.gif
See they don't think the game is like satins game. They just think that the game has magic and physics in it and thats why they won't let me play it.
Which is stupid.

I have nothing against your parents, but seriously, tell them, straight to their face, it's just a game.
Yes but they don't like those magic types of games. But does pokemon really have magic in it or is it just animals with powers.
Does it truly matter?

I've been feed the same crap by my religious family. It's just a game. Have FUN with it. Don't EVER related a game to religion, unless it's flat out in your face that there religious things in there.

And I'll say it again.

It's just a video game.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever thought that there is no such thing as demons, psychics or magic and that any game including them is purely fictional?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tagzard, I too believe that video games and works of fiction can be used to influence children towards witchcraft and the likes. For example, Witches say Harry Potter is the best thing that ever happened for their movement... Why? They were introduced that kind of stuff at an early age, started messing around with wigiboards, and now that thirst for deeper and more interesting stuff brings them to the real deal. Witchcraft. How different could Video games and Anime be? Lets start off with the Pikachu's tail. Kinda looks like a lightning bolt doesn't it? Well, if you've done any amount of research into Witchcraft and the likes. You will find the Lightning bolt Symbol everywhere! Don't believe me? take a look. Satanic Symbolism This is just one example. I can tell you more if you want about this kind of stuff being hidden inside of entertainment. (BTW, this website is probably not the best place to get an unbiased opinion... Unless you're just wanting to have your ears tickled....)

-Tyler

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Have you ever thought that there is no such thing as demons, psychics or magic and that any game including them is purely fictional?
My point exactly.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
well you couldn't play any game then,because 90% of the games have magic,or a reference to it
pokemon ain't satanic,nor demonic...it's just a child's game,which i play
tongue.gif

anyway,how do they know what comes out in the game?
They look up information on it on the internet. They don't (do sometimes) care if it influences me they just don't approve magic games/movies
They don't let me watch lord of the rings, harry potter, twilight, play fable or fate and magic games like that but i'm okey with that but pokemon is my world. Isn't the game just about animals with powers?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not demonic. The only things that could be depicted as religious are the 3 god pokemon recently released, Arceus, and a few others. Ghost pokemon aren't demonic because they aren't actually ghosts (seriously, the only ghost you ever see in Pokemon is the Marowak that was killed by Team Rocket) and the psychic powers are just powers gained via extremely high intellect and using the brain in certain ways that they can use psychokinesis and various telepathic techniques. Nothing really demonic.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh-oh... Here we go...

EDIT: This reminds me of that post we had last Halloween bout some crazy "church" person saying Halloween candy is evil. It's all demented and ignorant, with all due respect to everyone here.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:
Can I get an explanation of what you mean by demonic? My baby sitter told me the same many years ago about Digimon.... I had those digivices and shook em like crazy. Explained to her what Digimon stood for (Digital Monsters) and what the show is about and how the toy works. She called em demonic and never to bring 'em in her house ever again.....

wacko.gif
See they don't think the game is like satins game. They just think that the game has magic and physics in it and thats why they won't let me play it.
Which is stupid.

I have nothing against your parents, but seriously, tell them, straight to their face, it's just a game.
Yes but they don't like those magic types of games. But does pokemon really have magic in it or is it just animals with powers.
Dude, that pretty much boils out every single video game. Every video game has magic in it or something to that effect. Even Mario can be seen have magic in it

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:

wacko.gif
Which is stupid.

Dude, that pretty much boils out every single video game. Every video game has magic in it or something to that effect. Even Mario can be seen have magic in it

Mario eats 'shrooms!!! Oh noez!!! Will somebody please think of the children?!?

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:

wacko.gif
Which is stupid.

See mario isn't bad becuase there isn't any magic in it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
well you couldn't play any game then,because 90% of the games have magic,or a reference to it
pokemon ain't satanic,nor demonic...it's just a child's game,which i play
tongue.gif

anyway,how do they know what comes out in the game?
They look up information on it on the internet. They don't (do sometimes) care if it influences me they just don't approve magic games/movies
They don't let me watch lord of the rings, harry potter, twilight, play fable or fate and magic games like that but i'm okey with that but pokemon is my world. Isn't the game just about animals with powers?
Twilight I approve of.

(Sorry, I hate it with a passion)

But as for the rest. All of it is pure fiction. It's meant to entertain you.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:

wacko.gif
Which is stupid.

Actually, there is magic in it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Hey Tagzard, I too believe that video games and works of fiction can be used to influence children towards witchcraft and the likes. For example, Witches say Harry Potter is the best thing that ever happened for their movement... Why? They were introduced that kind of stuff at an early age, started messing around with wigiboards, and now that thirst for deeper and more interesting stuff brings them to the real deal. Witchcraft. How different could Video games and Anime be? Lets start off with the Pikachu's tail. Kinda looks like a lightning bolt doesn't it? Well, if you've done any amount of research into Witchcraft and the likes. You will find the Lightning bolt Symbol everywhere! Don't believe me? take a look. Satanic Symbolism This is just one example. I can tell you more if you want about this kind of stuff being hidden inside of entertainment. (BTW, this website is probably not the best place to get an unbiased opinion... Unless you're just wanting to have your ears tickled....)

-Tyler
I seriously hope you're trolling.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tagzard said:
KAMEK.jpg
Also Bowser uses countless magic to bring himself back as well as his children use magic to bring him back

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know what? It's rather hard to argue with parents when their minds are set. My mom recently freaked out when she saw me watching Trick 'r Treat, coz she dislikes horror. I had to cease and desist at once, which kinda sucks because the first kill victim was just coming into focus.

I have more freedom than you, though. I can play as much pokemon or Final Fantasy or read basically anything. sadly enough, the only way you might be able to keep up with your Pokemon obsession is to hide it really, really well, and tell no one, not even your friends. GL

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
tagzard said:
Duskye said:
tagzard said:
Nebz said:

wacko.gif
Which is stupid.

300px-SMG_Magikoopa.jpg

And there are many more examples of magic in Mario. Just look at Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario for starters.
EDIT: Ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo