OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So my friend bricked his Wii while installing a custom channel.

I told him that I could fix it and he gave me the Wii. I've tried various methods but I just don't get it to work..
When powering the Wii the health screen appears and after pressing A button I just get a black screen..

Here's what I tried:

Maintenance Mode -> not working, same balck screen
SaveMiiFrii -> works, screen shows 4.1(E)
various unbricking and autoboot homebrew disks in SaveMiiFrii -> disk stops spinning, nothing happens
retail disks (zelda, wii Play) in SaveMiiFrii -> not working, disk spins and 4.1(E) vanishes but screen stays black afterwards

I've tried all these things without modchip first. Afterwards I installed WiiKey v1 clip from my own Wii, but still nothing happens
blink.gif

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
pu|se

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another "friend" bricked wii huh? i would try to boot a game with a newer update than 4.1. get your meathooks on new mario and try that.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hmm... a hook this thread a little bit, might fix his problem too.

Is it possible to edit the Update partition and instead of 4.1, insert 4.2 to the update partition?
That might in theory fix wiis like this.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to fix the wii you need the modchip installed and a cIOS installed! preferably waninkokos rev14 or 17 installed to ios slot 249!
if you meet these requirements then send and e-mail to
Code:
[email protected]
with the subject: wii rescue disc

10 seconds later you will get an e-mail congaing links to an autoboot disc that should help you fix your
wii!

the disc is a modified Wii Backup Disc From Big-n it will load loadmii from the disc which is basically a text based hbc that can load tools off your sd-card or usb device! the disc was patched to run off of ios249 aka cIOS and it also does not need any preloader hacks applied to bypass the rescue disc because it is the rescue disc! use the savemii free method let me know how things go!

cheers!,

-kitt050383

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
another "friend" bricked wii huh? i would try to boot a game with a newer update than 4.1. get your meathooks on new mario and try that.
AFAIK, there is no disc with a newer update yet. 4.1 is the latest update I know of on a DVD, and that came on NSMBW. Besides a menu update won't fix a banner brick.

QUOTE(kitt050383 @ Jan 28 2010, 11:26 AM) the disc is a modified Wii Backup Disc From Big-n it will load loadmii from the disc which is basically a text based hbc that can load tools off your sd-card or usb device! the disc was patched to run off of ios249 aka cIOS and it also does not need any preloader hacks applied to bypass the rescue disc because it is the rescue disc! use the savemii free method let me know how things go!
Erm, won't that need a trucha bugged IOS60 so it will boot? The IOS the disc specifies doesn't matter until the menu reads the disc and boots it. If the menu rejects the signature on the disc, it won't boot no matter what IOS you patch the disc to use.

If he has a trucha'd IOS60, your disc will certainly do the job. If he does not, the disc is useless.

pu|se

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
Yeah, it's really my friends bricked wii
rolleyes.gif

My wii runs just fine. I can take a picture
wink.gif

techboy said:
QUOTE(kitt050383 @ Jan 28 2010, 11:26 AM) the disc is a modified Wii Backup Disc From Big-n it will load loadmii from the disc which is basically a text based hbc that can load tools off your sd-card or usb device! the disc was patched to run off of ios249 aka cIOS and it also does not need any preloader hacks applied to bypass the rescue disc because it is the rescue disc! use the savemii free method let me know how things go!
Erm, won't that need a trucha bugged IOS60 so it will boot? The IOS the disc specifies doesn't matter until the menu reads the disc and boots it. If the menu rejects the signature on the disc, it won't boot no matter what IOS you patch the disc to use.

If he has a trucha'd IOS60, your disc will certainly do the job. If he does not, the disc is useless.
I think it's the trucha bug that's missing..
Doesn't the 4.x update fix this bug?
Correct me if I'm wrong

The link posted above says no trucha bug is needed..
I'll try this tomorrow.. It's almost midnight in germany now

Anyway thank you all for the help!

pu|se

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I've tried the unbrick disk posted by zantzue but it's not working either...

Well I think he somehow managed to uninstall the system menu...
It's not even booting original disks with savemiifrii

Is WiiKey v1 capable of autobooting anyway?
So if system menu was deleted or corrupted somehow, the only way would be an infectus chip right?

But I don't think my friend's willing to pay for his wii.. Well I don't care;)

Anyway thanks for all your help!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well I think he somehow managed to uninstall the system menu...
It won't do anything without a system menu. The recovery mode starts and shows 4.1(EUR), so a system menu is installed and working. It'd just give black screen if he uninstalled the menu.

QUOTEIt's not even booting original disks with savemiifrii
I'm not sure if the Wiikey can do autoboot, since I don't have a chip. If it cannot, this is normal.

He has a banner brick, which has nothing to do with a corrupt SM. The SM is simply crashing because that custom channel's banner is invalid. All you need to do is remove the channel.

There's one more thing to try: Run a lot of games that you never played, and let them create save files. When the wii is full, it should kick you to Data Management, where hopefully it will allow you to delete the bricked channel. Somewhere on here there's a topic on this unbrick method.

pu|se

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
techboy said:
There's one more thing to try: Run a lot of games that you never played, and let them create save files. When the wii is full, it should kick you to Data Management, where hopefully it will allow you to delete the bricked channel. Somewhere on here there's a topic on this unbrick method.
But the Wii won't boot any games

I'll try booting the discs on my Wii soon

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's the topic on that unbricking method: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194182 If you can't get it to work, it looks like it's Nintendo time.

If it gets sent in, the first thing you should do when it comes back is install brick protection. Priiloader will be your best bet, since new wiis can't use bootmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.