Homebrew My old 3DS is not booting after installing Boot9strap

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed all the instructions from the written guide about installing boot9strap on 11.3 OLD 3DS XL and one instruction was that
"4. Your device will boot into boot9strap, then shutdown automatically because it does not yet have a payload to launch.
  • Your device will not boot until you continue with the next page’s instructions; do not panic, this is normal"
I followed all the instructions written in the next page, confused, but still my 3DS was not booting. Please ask me about if I must've done something wrong.
I was also confused with a requirement "Old 3DS and 2DS Only: The Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region", although I am on 11.3 and should I have to do this if mine is neither Old 3DS nor 2DS but is 'Old 3DS "XL"'. I was also confused with the other instructions on that page.

Please help me, I am literally crying right now because my 3DS had stored a lot of data and I must've wasted my parents' money:sad:
Or somehow I could remove the installation done on my 3DS XL of boot9strap.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed all the instructions from the written guide about installing boot9strap on 11.3 OLD 3DS XL and one instruction was that
"4. Your device will boot into boot9strap, then shutdown automatically because it does not yet have a payload to launch.
  • Your device will not boot until you continue with the next page’s instructions; do not panic, this is normal"
I followed all the instructions written in the next page, confused, but still my 3DS was not booting. Please ask me about if I must've done something wrong.
I was also confused with a requirement "Old 3DS and 2DS Only: The Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region", although I am on 11.3 and should I have to do this if mine is neither Old 3DS nor 2DS but is 'Old 3DS "XL"'. I was also confused with the other instructions on that page.

Please help me, I am literally crying right now because my 3DS had stored a lot of data and I must've wasted my parents' money:sad:
Or somehow I could remove the installation done on my 3DS XL of boot9strap.
That otherapp payload is for if you go to 11.4, then you'll need to rename it. IF you're on 11.3, there is a payload for that.

Original 3DS, 2DS, Original 3DS XL, are all the same thing when it comes to these guides.

I can't tell you what you did wrong because you didn't outline what you did. You said you did everything on the following page. Ok, which page was that?

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That otherapp payload is for if you go to 11.4, then you'll need to rename it. IF you're on 11.3, there is a payload for that.

Original 3DS, 2DS, Original 3DS XL, are all the same thing when it comes to these guides.

I can't tell you what you did wrong because you didn't outline what you did. You said you did everything on the following page. Ok, which page was that?
but I am on 11.3

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then get the payload for 11.3 like I said to. I don't see the difficulty in this....you also have yet to tell me where you left off. Perhaps jhnsn can read your mind better.
sorry, but what is the payload for 11.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the latest luma stable and put the boot.firm on the root of your sd.
but doesnt the written guide show the latest versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...