Hacking My O3DS can't boot GBA injected games but my New 3DS Can.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've followed the same steps to accomplish the A9LH guide of Plailect successfully in both devices, now they're in Sysnand 11.0.0-33U and decided (for first time) tried some game injection, decided to go with GBA, and it worked flawlessly in my NN3DSXL, but it didn't in the O3DS (using the same CIAs) I just get a black screen.

Both devices have Luma3DS 5.5 stable.

What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks so much in advance!

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I've followed the same steps to accomplish the A9LH guide of Plailect successfully in both devices, now they're in Sysnand 11.0.0-33U and decided (for first time) tried some game injection, decided to go with GBA, and it worked flawlessly in my NN3DSXL, but it didn't in the O3DS (using the same CIAs) I just get a black screen.

Both devices have Luma3DS 5.5 stable.

What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks so much in advance!

Did you install any previous AGB_FIRM .cia files in the past? - you may need to install a clean firm

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you install any previous AGB_FIRM .cia files in the past? - you may need to install a clean firm

I've never tried to attempt any kind of VC injection till now (in both handhelds), and though Luma would do all itself (don't know the VC process in the past) so... I don't know how to answer that.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I've never tried to attempt any kind of VC injection till now (in both handhelds), and though Luma would do all itself (don't know the VC process in the past) so... I don't know how to answer that.

Hmm, if that's the case - I guess its best I leave it for someone with more in-depth knowledge to answer. ><

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's not talking about VC injection. Have you ever used or installed a patched AGB_FIRM.cia? Like did you before switching to Luma3DS+A9LH have rxTools or anything else on them? And did those guides you follow for that make you install an AGB_FIRM.cia?

Reactions: proflayton123

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
She's not talking about VC injection. Have you ever used or installed a patched AGB_FIRM.cia? Like did you before switching to Luma3DS+A9LH have rxTools or anything else on them? And did those guides you follow for that make you install an AGB_FIRM.cia?

Why would I want to install a patched AGB_FIRM.cia in first place?

I had RxTools in my emunand previously, but don't remember the name of that file.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would I want to install a patched AGB_FIRM.cia in first place?

I had RxTools in my emunand previously, but don't remember the name of that file.
Because some of those guides make you do it. They tell you to install old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia, and people do it, without knowing why they are doing it. They sometimes explain it later, or sometimes they don't explain it, or people gloss over the explanation.

Anyways, if you're sure this is not the issue for you, in other words you are 100% sure you've never installed a patched AGB_FIRM, then are you using a bootloader? If you are then, read the following:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...iwaresmash-brosmonster-hunter-4-fail-to-start

If for some reason the above doesn't work, then it's a possibility that you have installed a patched AGB_FIRM, then follow the steps to installing a clean one:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...stalled-a-patched-agbtwl-firm-cia-in-the-past

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: proflayton123

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Because some of those guides make you do it. They tell you to install old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia, and people do it, without knowing why they are doing it. They sometimes explain it later, or sometimes they don't explain it, or people gloss over the explanation.

Anyways, if you're sure this is not the issue for you, in other words you are 100% sure you've never installed a patched AGB_FIRM, then are you using a bootloader? If you are then, read the following:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...iwaresmash-brosmonster-hunter-4-fail-to-start

If for some reason the above doesn't work, then it's a possibility that you have installed a patched AGB_FIRM, then follow the steps to installing a clean one:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...stalled-a-patched-agbtwl-firm-cia-in-the-past

Ok, I'm looking around the old guides I've followed to get my emunand...

Do I need to install the TWL file as stated in such link? I've heard that's kind of risky.

EDIT: I've all the files used to get my emunand how can I find such file? does it specifically needs to be named as AGB_FIRM? or something like that?

Last edited by kratoz29,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm looking around the old guides I've followed to get my emunand...

Do I need to install the TWL file as stated in such link? I've heard that's kind of risky.

EDIT: I've all the files used to get my emunand how can I find such file? does it specifically needs to be named as AGB_FIRM? or something like that?
Don't touch the TWL, I am pretty sure you have a clean one, as it's one of the steps in Plailect's guide to remove any TWL modifications.

Also, the link I gave you, gives you a link to download clean files for that. Don't use yours.

Just follow the steps for it.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't touch the TWL, I am pretty sure you have a clean one, as it's one of the steps in Plailect's guide to remove any TWL modifications.

Also, the link I gave you, gives you a link to download clean files for that. Don't use yours.

Just follow the steps for it.
Oh I know, I'm not using mine, I just want to remember the steps did in the past, and see if I had that file patched.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know, I'm not using mine, I just want to remember the steps did in the past, and see if I had that file patched.
Then if you just want to double check your old files, it should have been probably called AGB_FIRM.cia with patched somewhere in the name, or probably not at all, if they didn't care to add that.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then if you just want to double check your old files, it should have been probably called AGB_FIRM.cia with patched somewhere in the name, or probably not at all, if they didn't care to add that.

I'm not seeing that exact name, just a lot of files called agb_firm.elf located in rxTools>sys>patches>ctr.

Don't know if that messed up something.

EDIT: forgive me, just one file with that name in that folder.

Last edited by kratoz29,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make a NAND backup and install the clean AGB_FIRM.cia as stated in the link.

Otherwise, if you are using an external bootloader, look at the troubleshooting for that then.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just make a NAND backup and install the clean AGB_FIRM.cia as stated in the link.

Otherwise, if you are using an external bootloader, look at the troubleshooting for that then.

No bootloaders, I'm using A9LH, I got the file, and FBI 2.2.6 do I need to install it in the nand? or FBI does that itself?

Also, I suppose there is no risk which version my O3DS is as it is not stated in such tutorial am I right?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No bootloaders, I'm using A9LH, I got the file, and FBI 2.2.6 do I need to install it in the nand? or FBI does that itself?

Also, I suppose there is no risk which version my O3DS is as it is not stated in such tutorial am I right?
Just install it with FBI, it'll do its magic and get it done.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just install it with FBI, it'll do its magic and get it done.

It worked!

Thanks so much, if the file didn't got corrupted itself in the past (don't know if that's even possible) then it happened exactly as you said (did that without knowing following a guide) that's why this time I've followed Plailect's guide, instead thirds process... (youtube mostly).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol