Gaming My Nintendo Wii wants me to update.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,386
  • Replies 6

What should I do?

• Update your Wii, you have nothing to worry about.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • THAT GAME IS POSSESSED, GET RID OF IT.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

OP
++SOLVED++

Hi there. I have a 4.3U Wii. It is fully homebrewed and is a white model.

Today I decided to rebuy a game I lost a long time ago. I got Disney's Epic Mickey (used). Odd thing is, I put in the disc, and it says that my console needs to update in order to play this game. I didn't update my Wii and instead shut it off. I'm afraid someone wrote content to the disc that could mess up my Wii.

Now, I know that a virus for the Wii is a little far-fetched, but hey, you never know.

This doesn't happen to any other game disc I put in.

So... what do I do? Should I accept the update? Is there a chance that I just don't have a compatible c/IOS, and it needs to get one, or is it really something harmful to my Wii?

FAqaKZ2.jpg

O7mlc4P.jpg

jO6R3iB.jpg

The only way to avoid the update at this point is to power off the system.

Last edited by ,

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it really worries you that much, just get a backup loader and install epic mickey. You have a physical copy of the game so it is ok to have a digital backup of it.

brianrico

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! No Worries HeroicGamer i have been in the same situation before
so lets says you got Cios and usb loader and other homebrew things
basiclly what the system update does is that it deletes those cios so you will have to reinstall them
So Basically
system update = Deletes CIOs = BADD

hope this helped sorry for bad use of words :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Alright, thank you all! I'm glad it was nothing too dangerous, I just wanted to be sure. c:

Although, you all have been saying to play it on a USB loader such as USB Loader GX or WiiFlow. I have both of those loaders, and they work very well. I think buying the game twice is enough to let me keep a digital copy of it. Thanks again!

Last edited by ,

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My Wii asks me to update too all the time.
It's in the old old old 4.3U
So... :creep:
No worries.

Actually, if I choose: "Update" it appears the update bar, it fills up to the end, it resets my Wii, and everything's still the same.
Still won't let me play physical Wii Gams through the Disc Channel though. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm for me it's probably F-Zero X at least in my top 3