1. skrck

skrck Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I doubt it, since the only thing that doesn't work is the screen display.

Try waiting until you can use the dock mode, hopefully you can still use it like that even if portable mode is screwed.

Im curious, what voltage did the power outlet have?

2. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

United States

Don't wan you to think xs4all that I was putting you down... I know you never said to feel that way.. as5 is a funny creature tho. you can do the same job around exposed leads hundreds of times and out of no where it can lay or leak out just a way and short some thin. now on a CPU for a PC that is my go to it has never failed me .. but some things with exposed leads --thats can change things.

But Dude xs4all you are awesome , not insult to knowledge , other people would say I am wrong .. but it has happened to me and others -- rare but does happen.

xs4all likes this.
  3. mikechris33

OP mikechris33 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I also heard a guy that had the same problem fixed it by pouring candle wax on the screen. Anyways i'll try tomorrow.

4. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

United States

Umm yeah thats not going to do any thing LOL , other then cause small melt marks on the screen cover part LOL .... who ever told you that was trying to troll you and make things worse LOL

5. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    If he did damaged his screen from the overnight charge then it's also possible that it might also damaged some parts of his switch which I'm hoping it isn't the case.

6. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

United States

If you do that I refuse to help you anymore , cause that would show you just have no dang common sense. Sorry but can't fix stupid

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

really dont think it would boot if there was other damage , he has sound and digitizer reaction,,,, the switch works just not the screen. the switch would crash other wise .. maybe hot wax will fix it LOL

7. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yep, fingers crossed there is no other damage, when I repaired my Switch, bought it with a faulty screen and unknown condition, just recently I noticed I have charging issues, I have one of those USB devices that monitors the voltage and amps. Using OEM wall charger, it charges fine, however when I use an external battery pack/bank, I tried various kinds and brands at my disposal. The charging is very slow and stuck at below 0.4 amps, I suspect the charging IC chip is the culprit as from what I can tell, this IC chip is responsible for the charging side of things, I'm not going to attempt to replace this chip as the steps and equipment involved is way out of my league.

Moral to the story, a damaged Switch can have a domino affect with other components that can go wrong/faulty.

8. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get to hook up to a TV yet ?

9. mikechris33

OP mikechris33 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No, and also what I meant by i’ll try tomorrow was that I will try to fix it again not that I was going to put candle wax on my switch.

EDIT: I hooked it up to a TV and it does work

Last edited by mikechris33, Apr 15, 2019
  10. ameer

ameer Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    I had exact same problem, Did you happen to fix it?
    I still remember the day of it happened with my toddler, it was not charging but very warm with black screen + toasted eMMC so I replaced both (have old nand backup), but still black screen with some backlit, touch & docked working fine.

11. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Most likely LCD screen, change it if you can, the LCD and touch digitizer are two separate components, so you only need to change the LCD screen, I got a replacement one on eBay.

I got my Switch way back in the day, it was second hand and had screen issues, docked its fine, but in handheld, no backlight but if I shine a torch, I can see what is on the screen. Swapped out the screen with and ebay one it was good as new.

12. ameer

ameer Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    I already changed LCD twice from 2 sources, same problem. I'm starting to think the problem arise from bad lcd connector on the board. I'll try to replace it in the future & see what happens. I just hope lcd didn't gone bad from bad connector.

13. xHR

xHR GBAtemp Regular

Had the same problem after SX Core installed.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - nintendo, anything, display