My Nintendo DS Phat R.I.P

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Extreme Coder, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Hi guys...
    So I ordered with my SuperCard a replacement DS Shell (from here) and after I removed all the DS Parts from the old shell, I began applying it to the new one. For some unknown reason, the ribbon cable that goes from the mainboard of the DS to the Top screen got a very very little cut. But, that cut was enough to stop my DS from working. When I now turn on my DS, both screens turn on for a few moments, the top black(not working apprently), and the bottom fades from black to white(FlashME I guess) and then turns blue, and then the DS turn off. So now I no more have a working DS. I was wondering if there was some way to fix this cut, in any way possible.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. tshu

tshu On epic journey, brb.

Sep 21, 2005
    Canada
    Perhaps some computer repair shop might know how to repair a ribbon cable?

3. safariman72

safariman72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2006
    I have a website of someone that will be able to tell you if it can be fixed. I know he has parts but you'd have to email him for more details.

I'll pm it to you EC. [​IMG]

4. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Thanks safariman72! I will check it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice