My new SD card and Rock Band 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lazor, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009

My new SD card and Rock Band 2 by lazor at 6:47 AM (2,271 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. lazor
    OP

Member lazor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I got this SD card for use with RawkSD. It's the 4GB Transcend 133x, which is what I was recommended by the RawkSD devs.

Anyways, first thing I did was copy data from my old SD card to the new one. And imported Rock Band 1 songs. I load up Rock Band 2 and it says my DLC is corrupt and it can't read off the SD card. So I delete everything off the SD Card. I even format it, and it still gives me the same message in Rock Band 2.

So, after much deliberation. I padded the card with 2GB of random data, and tried a trick that's supposed to work, where you insert the SD card at the screen right after the start screen where you have to press "CONTINUE"

No dice.

So I deleted all the DLC saves for Rock Band 2 on my Wii including the RawkSD save, and it still did not work.

I also tried downloading a song from the store, that didn't work either.

I'm able to load homebrew apps off this card through the homebrew channel, but BootMii2 didn't load(:/)

Any ideas what I should do?

2. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    are you running rb from a disc or from a loader?

and does the error message say the dlc is corrupt or does it say they are outdated?

3. lazor
    OP

United States
    It says the DLC is corrupt right after the, "Do You Want To Use An SD Card?" screen.

And I'm using the original retail disc.

4. lazor
    OP

United States
    Update: Even after a full blown format of the card, I still get the same error.

5. L_E

Newcomer L_E Member

United States
    I have the same exact issue. Did you find a solution?

6. honeypa

Member honeypa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could try to delete your Rock Band 2 DLC save file in your wii system memory and see what happens from there, but just make sure you don't delete the wrong file. Oh yeah, can your Wii even read your SD card?

7. schamber

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    Not sure but I think I read somewhere that RB will only read upto 2gb cards. I am not 100% sure just think I recall reading it.

8. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    it will read the specific type of 4gb card the original poster is referring to, because its an oddity, a 4gb sd, not sdhc card. having said that, and i have one myself, its really rather hit or miss - there's a theory that when the card has less than 2 gb of free space on it, you need to 'pad' it with 2 gb other files, so that rb2 only sees the amount of free space it expects, but i've had my card nearly full and still had it fail. what always works, however, is to keep a 2gb card handy, with at least 1 rock band song on it, boot the game with that card in place, and then swap it with the 4gb version once you are at the rb2 menu.

9. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
    Exactly correct the non SDHC 4GB SD cards must have 2GB's of files used on it so that it be properly recognized by the wii. There is some bug with the block count and the number of free blocks is to big for the wii to output onto the data management screen so on and so forth. So try that and hopefully it will work for you.

10. L_E

Newcomer L_E Member

United States
    The 4gb i have, i filled up to 2 gb and it still doesn't work. I deleted the RB2 DLC file from the wii and i still get the error. :/