Hardware My new hdd WD Elements SE 1TB doesn't want to work

faby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi !, well I just got a new hdd for my wii games, it's a WD Elements SE 1TB, I bought it according to your list of HDD compatibles with the aplications, and 'till now it doesn't want to work properly, I used it in NTFS and it didn't work, then I used it in FAT32 and it didn't work eather, I've partitioned one part in FAT32 and the other NTFS, to use for both my wii and computer, but it still doesn't work, I have tranfer games to it, I know they're there, because I use de wiiflow and the usbloader to play, well to try to, because every time I open them they get frozen, they just don't run. :blink:
I Hope someone can help me, I've had this "situation" for quite a while now, and I really don't now what to do now.
Thanks.

faby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you, I really don't know what is EASUS partition.. can u explain?, and I am using a usb 2.0 cable, but still no response.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download it from here ,,,,,,,,,,,http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html
check and make sure your hdd is setup the way i said in first post, hit apply plug it into your wii your apps and programs should work .

on another note, i have had trouble with your drive type before and ended up using an sd card to load my apps and the hdd only for games in NTFS .. one drive worked as i told you , and the other would not work i had to use an sd card .

faby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've already checked my hdd as you tould me with the EASUS, set it in primary (active), I actually have my apps in a sd card, as you do, I have another hdd with games it's a seagate 160 GB and it works like a charm, but the other one doesn't :( , I get it to run my games but for example if I'm playing a dance game it gets stuck at the beginning of the song, and actually I cannot disconect my wd hdd of my computer properly, I try to but it keeps saying that it's in use (when it's not), I wonder if that has anything to do with my other problem... Do you think it does?
Thank you very much for all your help.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have bad experience with western digital (passport) drives as well.
A cheap usb enclosure and a laptop 2.5 inch sata drive still work best for me.
If people are having problems, very often the name western digital essentials or western digital passport shows up.
The name doesn't really tell what is in the housing. The most recent drives are usb 3.0 compatible.
So, as usual, this will be followed up by people telling they have a western digital essentials, and it works fine for them.
I am just telling I have given up on those. (At least for the moment.)

faby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, so what would you recomend me to do, I checked the list before shopping for one: WD Elements SE 1TB Portable 1023:2005 Works Not Tested Works Formatted with 500Mb FAT32 partition for Homebrew apps and 950+Gb NTFS partition for Wii games/PC backups etc. Used CFG USB Loader. Worked instantly via Homebrew Launchers and CFG USB Loader Forwarder. Does not require external power supply. Couldn't be happier.
I have done everything to it, and it still doesn't work, Do you think I should put the apps inside the hdd and not in the sd like I have it?
And the "Couldn't be happier" ending, for me would be "couldn't be more miserable"... :nayps3:

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes try putting your apps on your hdd and remove your sd card ,also try a different loader like usb loader gx , or wiiflow, you can use all 3 at the same time with no problems,,

forgot to ask what rev of ios your using, make sure you use these, http://gbatemp.net/t277659-ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix
version 7 is the latest public.

faby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I pass the apps to the hdd, do I need to do something else besides that? When I finish I just run the hdd with the wii as usual? And I do have the latest ios version,
Thanks 4 ur help

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no just transfer them with your computer , and try them out, as said before those drives have gave me trouble , some work others don't ,, i always use the 1TB western digital element ,, works every time .if this doesn't work from everything from the hdd , you can try reformatting your sd card and placing the apps back on it ,, but if it works with another drive ,, probably its the hdd,,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte