Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also from the same city as the topicstarter (and the victim) and read all the condoleances in the paper today. Strange to read them.
I hope he gets hung at the highest tree. But then again, with Julien C. (for the non-dutch: he murdered an innocent child at school), will also get a lame sentence. So I fear the worst for the gravity of his punishment.

(Edit:typo)

Teun

Trophies
Website
www.spore-net.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, his mother used to be my teacher too..
frown.gif
It's so sad to hear, how can you kill somebody with an Axe?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also from the same city as the topicstarter (and the victim) and read all the condoleances in the paper today. Strange to read them.
I hope he gets hung at the highest tree. But then again, with Julien C. (for the non-dutch: he murdered an innocent child at school), will also get a lame sentence. So I fear the worst for the gravity of his punishment.

(Edit:typo)
The punishments in the netherlands are so weird! The guy that killed Jesse a 9 year old kid got 12 years and special treatment... he killed the damn kid by cutting his throught in a class room!

Thursday Thijs will be burried.. I saw the undertaker going into my neighbours house
frown.gif
So sad
frown.gif

Around 2 o clock the murderer will go to the court.. In dutch: Hij word vanmiddag voorgeleid. Donderdag word thijs begraven
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

One of the weirdest things I ever heard of. I feel really sorry for you tjas!
My sympathies are with you.
frown.gif

capt.fruitcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normally i'm not easely affected by this type of news, but this time i am. I don't know if it is because of the fact that it is so close to my home town or because Thijs is even younger than me. It has been a sureal murder for sure and i hope something like this will never happen again, it makes you feel more vulnerable.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's so difficult to understand for "normal" people that someone just is so persistent in wanting to kill someone.

Off course everybody reacts in the same way "That guy has to suffer for his crime", but still there are many people with some sort of disorder or sickness in the brain. Some people are a victim of their own brain malfunctioning. So I can understand that it's not always "justice" to put someone in jail or put them on deathrow...

But nowadays it tends to get more and more a twisted situation;
1. Man kills child
2. Man *obviously* has a brain disorder >
3. Man gets medical treatment for 5 years
4a. Man goes on with life
4b. Life of victim's family more or less destroyed!

What's the solution? I don't know. Just be very glad if you have a relatively healthy brain yourself.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My school is in Roosendaal thats also where the murder has happend, I walked by the waiting room where it happend and it was filled with flowers and little lights.

When I first heard it around saterday night I couldn't believe it, sunday I was thinking about it all day, Monday that was the day I really realised what happend.. and to day I don't really now how I feel about it..

damiussus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With people like this I often think we should have much more extreme death penalties. Attatch his mouth to the end of a firehose or an air compressor and open the valve all the way.

unabombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
he axe'd the dude because of the war in iraq, he planned this weeks beforehand.
his goal was to kill someone higher up in the military, but couldnt get close enough, so he focused his plan on the 22 year old thijsie from burgen op zoom. pretty sick, but thats the world nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."