Hacking My NDSL Bottom Screen seems cannot touch anymore?

waykeong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1st please pardon my poor english. Hope u can understand what i am trying say.

Yesterday, I try to replace my DS Lite screen protector. After replacing, I use a bit of water to clean up the bottom screen. However it leave a very small watermark on the upper left of the screen.

1st, I thought the water got inside the screen protector. So I try to use the a card to press it out. But the watermarks seems spread and become bigger. So I decide to re-apply the screen protector.

So I take out the screen protector again. Oh Shit!! the the watermark is under the LCD, not screen protector. I wonder whether how the water get into the screen.

Below is the photos I took for my NDSL Bottom LCD. Can u judge whether water get inside the LCD or the Liquid inside LCD leak out (maybe I wipe too hard when cleaning with water)?

The bubble is belong to the screen protector, while the watermark are darker color.

The watermark a little bit visible when gameplay.

Now the screen cannot calibrate and touch, however it seems to have "invisible pen" touching continuously varies point of the screen. So now I can only play the game which dont need to touch. So can anyone tell me whether what actually happened? Anything spoilt?

offug8.jpg

blackss4.jpg

whitefj1.jpg

blueed4.jpg

greenyd0.jpg

redcc2.jpg

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did the soap/water method to put on a screen protector. It went on perfect. However when I tried touching the screen it didn't respond....AT ALL! So I took it off and still the touch screen was as dead as a doornail. I just let it dry up for a few hours. Still the touch screen was pretty much fvcked up.

My last attempt was rubbing the screen gently, just a little screen massage. My DS liked it as it slowly started working again. After a day it was in good shape again.

So you might want to try that. Just put it in a nice warm room so the screen can dry up and maybe try and give it a nice massage (not a Thai one, you'll brake the poor thing I guess)

God luck with that mate.....and also with the ol' engrish
smile.gif

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
waykeong, send it back to nintendo for repair....

i dont know why people use Soap and water to put on thier Screen Protactor....because i see people on the game shop apply the screen protactor without adding soap or water on it....

btw i normally send my DS to the expert at game shop to apply the screen protactor...it cost alittle, but its risk free....

talk about this...look like my screen protactor need to be changed

waykeong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the soap/water method to put on a screen protector. It went on perfect. However when I tried touching the screen it didn't respond....AT ALL! So I took it off and still the touch screen was as dead as a doornail. I just let it dry up for a few hours. Still the touch screen was pretty much fvcked up.

My last attempt was rubbing the screen gently, just a little screen massage. My DS liked it as it slowly started working again. After a day it was in good shape again.

So you might want to try that. Just put it in a nice warm room so the screen can dry up and maybe try and give it a nice massage (not a Thai one, you'll brake the poor thing I guess)

God luck with that mate.....and also with the ol' engrish
smile.gif

Hi berlinka, thanks for sharing ur experience. btw, does ur lcd got watermark likes mine?

Yup, I use the soap/water method to clean the screen protector cos it is quite sticky. I applied the screen protector without water, but i find it too sticky. So I try to use water to wipe the screen protector.. it seems smoother... so I think using soap to make it more smoother.. but in the end... bad ending..

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never EVER use soap.. BTW I suggest Hori screen protectors, they're not applied with any adhesive so when you peel it off it won't have any residue on the screen.

Good luck getting Nintendo to replace it - if they find out what you were doing with it, you're SOL. Alternatively, you can always buy a replacement touch screen module for around $30 on http://www.emveegaming.com/ They also have the genuine Hori screen protectors I was talking about in stock.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From how I can understand what happened is when you used water and soap to clean it off, it got between the actually touchscreen and the actualy lcd screen. Having the a layer of water inbetween causes the touch screen to think its it active, and since it is there, as you put it, it causes an "invisible pen" such as the screen is always being touched. Perhaps follow what berlinka did. I can see water drying up would release the pressure between the touch screen and lcd screen, then massage to push out any other residue that was left behind. If all else fails, you could either purchase a new touch screen and lcd screen from places such as dealextreme, or call nintendo and have them repair it, which I beleive costs about 50USD.

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Big sorry for offtopic, but what do u use to see all that single colors on your bottom screen? It would be great to look for dead/subpixels on my Crimson&B DSL, howewer I hope there are not any.

waykeong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It has been 1 days half. The watermark seems the same.

Btw, I just open it and leave it dry just like that. This few days are rainy days so I didn't let it dry under the sun.

Maybe I should separate the touch screen and bottom lcd. But I dont have the Tri-wing screwdriver.

Big sorry for offtopic, but what do u use to see all that single colors on your bottom screen? It would be great to look for dead/subpixels on my Crimson&B DSL, howewer I hope there are not any.

Here is the software i used above.
CheckNDS

Here is another software.
DiagnoSe

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

waykeong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, thanks for all suggestion.

Problem solved. After using the fan on NDSL 1 whole day, the watermark gone.

However, the screen protector that I reused seems a bit weird. Sometimes the calibration OK, sometimes not. However, the calibration is OK when without the screen protector.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1