My NDS Lite power switch broke ...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by NonStopInTheMix, Sep 27, 2007.

Sep 27, 2007
  1. NonStopInTheMix
    OP

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Alright so today seemed to be the worst day ever. i basically opened my ds to try changing the shell. As soon as i opened the bottom cover (the one with the serial number on it) i looked inside and saw my power switch broke.

Just to give you a visual picture. the sliding thing on the side of the ds actually flicks this lightbulb switch-like device that turns on your ds. Now its broken so it cant turn on.

I still have a nintendo warranty and also a bestbuy product replacement plan. Since i only opened up my back case and THATS IT, will nintendo or bestbuy know what i did?

Thanks for your help >_<
    Advice on what to do would help [​IMG]

2. onneeye

Member onneeye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I say put it back together like you never touch it and call bestbuy for a replacement. Don't tell them what you did. They'll send you a shipping sticker and you will get a store credit. That what happen to mine, my power button broke for no reason and I called bestbuy. Got store credit and bought me a black ds lite. [​IMG]. For some odd reason the sound volume on the black ds is louder then my old white ds.

3. NonStopInTheMix
    OP

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    its nice to hear your experience went well. i was also wondering, has anybody else delt with bestbuy yet? how strict are they on checking returned merchandise?

also: is there a warranty sticker inside the ds when you opeen it? i never saw anything at all...

4. becker2384

Member becker2384 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Shoot I've heard horror stories from the return counter!! Someone actually got away with returning a smahed-up bashed-up [​IMG] disgrace of what might be a DS, so anything could happen. [​IMG]

5. -h4ck3r-

Newcomer -h4ck3r- Member

United States
    Lol, what can they say when it is still under warrenty... Just make it look like you didn't open it though.