My Name Is Earl

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by ShadowSoldier, Mar 11, 2013.

Mar 11, 2013

My Name Is Earl by ShadowSoldier at 1:58 AM (624 Views / 2 Likes) 14 replies

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    So I recently started watching this show. I have to admit, it is reeeally funny.

I'll be honest, Jaime Pressley is really hot, but dammit she is really funny in the show. With her two kids one white, one black, she threatens them when they're being bad, "You two better behave or else I'ma slap you two so hard you'll switch colors!"

It might be stupid humor to some, but it's funny. Anybody else like the show?

GammaGeorgeX and wolfmanz51 like this.
  2. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Was one of my favorites at one point in time,yeah Jaime isn't bad as far as looks go but I prefer Nadine Velazquez...

3. falconcrest

Newcomer falconcrest Advanced Member

United States
    Earl had to die... oh sorry saw the name earl and it reminded of of a dixie chicks song,lol

4. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i sort of recall it.. but not quite.... i also kinda recall Greg the Bunny.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I loved the series, shame they cancelled it without concluding what happened with everything.

6. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    The person who created My name is earl also created the show Raising Hope. In Raising Hope they have a brief nod to My Name is Earl in I think either a news report or news paper article saying about how a man has completed his "list". Although this isn't really helpful regarding the loose ends in my name is earl that never got tied up at least we know Earl completed his list. But I must admit they could have at least ordered another 8-10 episodes to end the show.

7. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    I watched the whole series and loved every episode.

8. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Watched and really loved it. I was quite sad when it ended, would have wished to watch at least 1 or 2 more seasons.
    Also, damn. I was surprised when I saw that the actor of Earl played Dave in the Chipmunks Movies.

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I got it for someone else and thought why not as I had nothing else to do. Not half bad actually, better than most non HBO/showtime, non animated US comedy, but I did not bother with the final series for some reason.

If that did it for you know the guy was also a legendary professional skateboarder at one point.

10. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    It was kinda like with Bill Murray, he started only doing indie films by well respected directors and writers and then...did two Garfield movies, obviously those two probably paid more than the others!

I think Jason Lee just got more well known for doing ...Earl and got offered some parts and couldn't say no to the cash. He seems to only get crap now and he's doing Alvin & the Chipmunks: Fun on the Moon this year. I guess he's waiting for Clerks III to start so he can do something decent.

11. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I wish companies would like do one last show for shows to just give us some closure. Like Heroes, or FlashForward, or My Name is Earl. Just make it a 1 hour special.

Javacat likes this.
  12. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I will give credit where it is due ShadowSoldier you do keep up with that flashforward stuff- I thought it was a fairly forgettable show myself and it utterly failed to get me to invest in it.

That said plenty of shows have got specials, films, cartoons, novels, comics and more (especially in cases of shows taken off the air with shows remaining) to help conclude their stories. It does seem to happen far more often for sci fi and comedy, admittedly that would rather happily cover your little list mind you, and it might be slightly more common outside North American shows but it is anything but unheard of. Now the quality of most of those conclusions is a different matter entirely (rarely on par with a good episode of the show it spawned from would be my assessment).

13. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Last I heard both Jason Lee & Greg Garcia were in talks of doing a TV movie or even releasing it online but that was early last year and nothing was said since. They could have had another series elsewhere but they said it couldn't be done without "seriously undermining the artistic integrity of the show".

14. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Any show that gives Jason Lee a chance to, well, be is fine with me - the fact that the show itself was really good makes it all the better.

15. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I remember way back when thinking it would be funny. I guess i just lost track of it, i should try it again.