My mom is suffering from a mental breakdown...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ever since my dad passed away back in September, we've been in deep shit when it comes to money. My mom has never been good with bills, she's barely been paying them off with her money from her work. I don't understand the exact situation, but I'm pretty sure the amount she had to pay in bills each month was slightly higher than what she earned from her job so we had a bit of layaway here. Stacked onto that are apparent Dad-kept secrets that in the long run have fucked us over, again I'm completely out of the loop.

Our water is being shut off tomorrow, our electricity soon enough. We have practically no food. We will have nothing at all until the end of this month. We can't go that long without water or electricity. We have nowhere else to go. We've asked for help from so many people, and they've all said no. Hell we got an old Pastor of ours to say yes, but he never delivered.

I don't know what the fuck we need to do, I am always kept out of the damn loop. We have no money at all, my brother giving my family a hard time isn't helping either. I've tried to think how to help but I can't fucking do it...I'm about to break down as badly as my mom is...I really don't know what the fuck to do. Can anyone here seriously give any possible ideas or solutions?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's so awful.
frown.gif
I really don't know what to say or do. And for all those who reply to this topic, keep it civil, this man is in crisis.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im sorry gaisuto my dad died when i was 12 i know its hard i wish i could help if i had cash i would seriously send it to you :-(

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And right now my mom's freaking out, crying her eyes out. She's afraid she's going to get another heart attack from this. And judging from what caused the last two, I'm expecting it to happen, which is just going to make the situation worse.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to say, but I think I'm speaking for the GBAtemp community when I say if there's anything we can help with.. just ask. Maybe you could set up a paypal account? I'm sure there are some generous GBAtempers willing to help out in your situation.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how old are you gaisuto ? are you working ?

might have to sell some stuff you got :-(

when i was straped for cash i had to sell my ps1 collection for wayyy less then it was worth :-(

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how old are you gaisuto ? are you working ?

might have to sell some stuff you got :-(

when i was straped for cash i had to sell my ps1 collection for wayyy less then it was worth :-(
There hasn't been any location I can reach hiring in months. And even if I suddenly could get the job, it wouldn't help as early as we need it. And I really have nothing I can tell at this point that will actually be worth a damn.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow...........................................................................im at loss for words...........................................................................

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Get her to contact Social Services. When my wife left, I was virtually penniless, and Social Services pulled me and my boys out of a giant bind.

It involves standing in lines, and filling out forms, and quite frankly, humbling yourself, but just the going and talking to someone there can help to start re-tying all the loose ends that happen after a crisis.

I thank my lucky stars that we have some sort of safety net in America, however imperfect and bureaucratic it may be. She should find out where the offices are in your town and be there bright and early. It may not pull you completely out, but there comes a time when every little bit helps. At worst, it encourages you to tally up your assets, and find out where you really stand financially.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would contribute to a Paypal donation if there was one. It wouldn't be much, but it would be something.

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was disgustingly strapped for cash when I started living by myself. Ended up selling most of my gaming stuff. NES, SNES, one of my N64s, etc. Plus I had a shitload of rare games. Sorry to say this, but try selling some gaming gear.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get her to contact Social Services. When my wife left, I was virtually penniless, and Social Services pulled me and my boys out of a giant bind.

It involves standing in lines, and filling out forms, and quite frankly, humbling yourself, but just the going and talking to someone there can help to start re-tying all the loose ends that happen after a crisis.

I thank my lucky stars that we have some sort of safety net in America, however imperfect and bureaucratic it may be. She should find out where the offices are in your town and be there bright and early. It may not pull you completely out, but there comes a time when every little bit helps. At worst, it encourages you to tally up your assets, and find out where you really stand financially.

We've tried that. Don't know the specifics but according to my mom, the summary to what happened was "Tough shit" from them. Something about my dad's passing.

I was disgustingly strapped for cash when I started living by myself. Ended up selling most of my gaming stuff. NES, SNES, one of my N64s, etc. Plus I had a shitload of rare games. Sorry to say this, but try selling some gaming gear.

I've got no one who would take them. I've thought about it. That and my mom would feel like even more shit if I did that, because "I'd never get them back."

Yeah dude, as much as people don't want to do it, go to Social Services, get food stamps and welfare. It will all work out in the long run man, i feel really sorry for you. I hope everything works out.

I have no idea how Welfare works, I doubt we'd be able to do that....

QUOTE(VVoltz @ Jan 9 2008, 07:28 PM)
Do you have a PayPal account?
I think so...I'm going to be blunt. We do need money and we'd take help from anyone we can. But asking people I only know of online for help is going to be an extremely desperation move...

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hmm... you could probably search the Public Services websites of America they should ask you for a location and give you the nearest office for questions and applications. I know several friends who were on welfare, it was extremely easy, they take you through the steps.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the fuck we need to do, I am always kept out of the damn loop.

I would say it's about time get back in the loop, considering the deep shit your in. Just not knowing what the hell is going on would drive me off the edge
wacko.gif
I've been trying. In all honesty, I have a hard time understanding people. If I'm asked to do what seems like a simple task, I have to double/triple check to make sure I'm doing it right or I heard it right. I've had this problem for a majority of my life, so when she tells me information like this I mix details up or I forget them. I've heard the story about two times so far and this is the most I've figured out.

One thing I know is that if we can just survive to the end of the month, it will be smooth sailing from there. Lots of unnecessary crap going to get cut. Thing is doing all that won't do us good now...we just need like a couple hundred to last until the end of January and we are gold...I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl