Hardware My modified 3DS case, guaranteed to be the only case for the 3DS you'd ever need

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been wanting to show this off since I've finalized modifying my carrying case for my 3DS, you should check it out, I have an imgur gallery here that goes into detail about my case and what changes I've made:

http://imgur.com/gallery/vB7l8/new

Long story short, I had a regular 3DS, upgraded at some point to a N3DS XL, liked the case I had, but needed to alter it to fit my XL size model. And as I also got an R4 Flash Card and CFW with EmuNAND, most the slots for the game carts became unnecessary, and I was able to alter what their place and purpose was for.

I only just got Pokemon HeartGold and the Pokewalker the other day through a trade with a member here (ElyosOfTheAbyss), as such, I only just recently finally finished modifying this case/folio.

If you're curious as to why I'm posting this, well its because I hope it might inspire some people to make alterations to their own things to better fit their needs. But also because I get a certain kind of satisfaction managing to get everything I could need for my 3DS all in one case, and I want to share that with all of you, it's very pleasing to my senses to see this all bundled so perfectly together, I hope you can understand and appreciate that kind of feeling.

Last edited by duffmmann,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like your stylus choices..
I recently ordered myself these:
club_nintendo_japan_stylus_pen.jpg

As for the case, Is it just fabric? Or some sort of drop resistant material? (I'm talking about the outer part of the whole unit..)

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the sleeve is too much hassle, one more step involved, two if you count putting it back on

Sleeve is simpler than it may appear. I don't disconnect it from the velcro, you can slide the 3DS in and out of the sleeve while its stuck in place, making it real easy to slide and out of, trust me when I say it's not a hassle at all.

Reactions: yuyuyup

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like your stylus choices..
I recently ordered myself these:

As for the case, Is it just fabric? Or some sort of drop resistant material? (I'm talking about the outer part of the whole unit..)

I like those stylus options you have there, I'd consider replacing my blue Wii U stylus with one of those, as I bet I'd utilize it more. In terms of the fabric, if you meant he fabric holding just the 3DS its, some type of suede. In terms of the whole unit, it is some type of fabric covering some tiype of material that is strong enough that it wont fold. The folio case I use is a fairly common carrying case if you've ever seen it in stores, it is indeed made of the same material as what you see there.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: LameNobody

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
nice case :)

i don't use one myself but i'm thinking about lining the '3ds pocket' in my bag with neoprene or something similar!

Reactions: duffmmann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi