Hardware My Modded Repair Story so Far

PoppaDre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I purchased a Switch way back at launch, put on SXOS the week after it was released. I kept the switch offline until I accidentally took it online and went though with an update. Last month I suffered a blank screen but charging issue. I also recently purchased a Switch off eBay with a touch screen that didn't work in the middle and not able to dock. I decided to send in my 2 Switches in for repair, along with a stack of joycons that had drift issues, at the beginning of August. I called Nintendo a few times throughout the process to check for updates and see if they would say anything about one of the consoles being modded. They mentioned that there was a large number of joycons being repaired so it will take some time. Eventually all my items made it to the "in progress" stage and last week I finally received my joycons. My consoles, however, were still in progress. I decided to give Nintendo another call. This time things finally got escalated to the supervisor (not my choice). After waiting a few minutes on hold he tells me that there is an issue and there is a hold on the consoles. Apparently one of the consoles was modded with unlicensed software he tells me. I just accept it and say okay. The second one, he says has a mismatch in the internal and external serial numbers. This one surprised me and I commented how that's a risk I took buying off eBay. He then tells me that the technician processed the repair without knowing of these issues and was ready to send out 2 new consoles to me (at the cost of off warranty repair of course). They then caught these issues and put a hold on the repair. Its been close to a month since they have had the consoles and around 3 weeks since the status was in repair. I have a few theories on the current status. Let me know what you think.

a) They already put the Switches I sent in for repair into the parts bin when they decided to send me new consoles and are now unable to find my switches and are scrambling for a solution where they don't have to send me new consoles

b) they are making me wait a while so I can be without console as a punishment

c) they need to un-repair my consoles or un-attempt repair on my consoles to bring them back to the state they were when I sent them in, to return to me

Last edited by PoppaDre, , Reason: grammer

PoppaDre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Called Nintendo again today. I almost got her to spill the beans today. But alas, she said to call back around next week Tuesday. Pretty sure they lost my consoles. Maybe I get new (refurbish). Good thing I still have 3 hackable switches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.