My mod guy is an idiot, so Wave 4 question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by misticknight, Mar 6, 2010.

Mar 6, 2010
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    K i went to the guy i've modded my xbox with a few times now today to get LiteTouch because i finally got sick of putting the Activate Disc in and he said he wouldn't do it because its to risky (WHAT????) and after a bit of begging (sp?) on my part he said he'll do it for $80. i told him he's dreaming and just walked out. since im hopeless with hacking stuff myself, and i cant be bothered looking for someone else, at least not at the moment, is there anyway to patch wave 4/5 games to wave 3 so i dont need to add acitivate disc? I heard about a way a while ago but im not sure if its still even usable or if its dangerous or anything, it was like abck when wave 4 first came out. also i dont care about being banned anymore so if ipatching leads to a ban i can live with it.

2. shanefromoz

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    where do you live as there are plenty of ppl who can mod for you.
    If your not worried about live you should get ixtreme 1.61 NonStelath.

Cheers

3. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i live in Sydney, Australia and yer im sure i can find someone else but they'll probably charge me full price for doing it at there place the first time. what was agood abotu this guy was after the initial mod any updates are free, but now he wants to charge me as if i never modded it at his palce at all.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Ignoring your modder being a idiot (Sydney is packed with modders if this section is anything to go by) and if you have a flashed drive it is even easier (ever flashed drive that has trouble initially getting serials has/had options to easily grab them again introduced).

Anyhow "360 waves patcher" will do the job, it will also see you banned if you use the discs (no sharing with friends) and is in no way is it "livesafe".
    You may also need to update manually as changing wave changes included updates and games will say they need the latest update to run (and unless you have a homebrew console there is nothing you can do about it).

Also +1 to shanefromoz, if you are running an offline system 1.6NS is the way to go.

5. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    k that wave patchers sounds more hassle than its wortrh. wahts 1.61 NS btw? would i still need to use Activate Disc because thats the main problem.

6. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    1.6NS (and I suppose 1.61NS, NS being short for non stealth) are hacked versions of the 1.6 and 1.6 iextreme firmwares that act like activate.iso disc has always been used.
    As such checking is disabled and that includes wave checking.

In short just about anything you place in the 360 will play.

edit: thread from around here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199084

7. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1.61 NS is just that... it's not stealth it's for banned xboxs. You can patch the games just fine... up to about Wave 4. I haven't seen or really recall (as I haven't looked) about patching Wave 5-6 games with that patcher.

btw I googled the topic Wave 4-6 to Wave 3 (which would be like IX 1.51-1.6). There's a crap load of guides.

Wynd

8. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    aight guys thanks, im going to talk to him again about doing the NS patch, if he still wants to charge for that im just gonna find someone else. ive never really liked him but kept going back cause it was free after the first and he's close to my house.

9. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I would like to know, Does "anything" include xbox1 single-layered discs?

10. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I was thinking about that when I posted it.

Short answer no

Longer answer- ignoring "live" safety it still takes a fair bit of emulation to pull off and that was never really completed/release before the first big banwave. On the other hand I believe they just stopped or are about to stop support for original xbox games on live so there really is no excuse not to mod an original xbox now.